John Montana, J.D.; J. Edwin Dietel, J.D.; and Cristine Martins, J.D.
This goal of this publication is to aid readers in the development of programs and methods needed to ensure that their records and information management programs are a properly functioning component of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
* inform the reader of the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley and its implementing regulations as they relate to information management
* inform the reader of related legal and business developments, such as litigation, regulatory actions, or similar activities, insofar as they affect information management and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
* offer analysis and insight into the above, with a view to directing the reader toward the development of RIM practices that will effectively contribute toward an overall corporate Sarbanes-Oxley compliance program
Includes seven strategies for ensuring RIM program compliance, the SEC Final Rule on Retention of Records Relevant to Audits and Reviews, and the full text of the Act.
ISBN: 1-931786-16-X (ARMA) Spiral bound; English, 112 pages, 2003 Catalog No. A4733 $80, ARMA member S60
Also available as a PDF download
ISBN: 1-931786-02 X (ARMA) Catalog No. V4733 $70, ARMA member $50
Privacy Manager Work Plan
ISBN: 1-932214 01-1 (Privacy Council) Loose-leaf binder, English, 461 pages, 2002 Catalog No. B4813 $169 ARMA member or non-member
Privacy Essentials[TM] is Privacy Council's primer that will help all those responsible for the development and management of privacy policies to understand how privacy and data collection methods may impact their organization. The guide includes how to tools for planning, developing, and managing an ongoing privacy initiative and compliance program.
ISBN: 1-932214-00-3 (Privacy Council) Loose-leaf binder, English, 343 pages, 2002 Catalog No. B4812 $169 ARMA member or non-member
HIPAA Privacy Essentials
Those with responsibility for bringing their organizations into compliance with the U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) will find the expertise, guidance, and tools needed to navigate through this complex regulation. HIPAA Privacy Essentials is the authoritative HIPAA Privacy Rule primer, and its concise, easy-to-understand chapters will enable users to
* determine which components of the HIPAA Privacy Rule apply to them
* manage and prepare for a compliance program
* learn what information the Privacy Rule protects
* learn about other state and federal privacy laws affecting health care
ISBN: 1-932214-04-6 0 (Privacy Council) Loose-leaf binder, English, 373 pages, 2002 Catalog No. B4823 $169 ARMA member or non-member
CD only Catalog No. B4824 $59 ARMA member or non-member
HIPAA Privacy Implementation Guide
After you're done with HIPAA Privacy Essentials, you'll be ready to jump into the Implementation Guide, which walks you clearly and concisely through the entire process of setting up a HIPAA privacy program, from self-assessment to hiring of a compliance officer, implementation, and training. The volume has a great many helping tools, including training slides, assessment worksheets, and sample documents that will save you many hours of work.
ISBN: 1-932214-05-4 (Privacy Council) Loose-leaf binder, English, 452 pages, 2002 Catalog No. B4818 $169 ARMA member or non-member
CD only Catalog No. B4825 $59 ARMA member or non-member
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Information Management Journal|
|Date:||Jan 1, 2004|
|Previous Article:||Retention issues.|
|Next Article:||Contingency planning.|