Leaders to gather for Wood Tech Summit: conference, plant tours and tabletop displays are among the highlights.
Registration is open for the third annual Wood Tech Summit Leadership Conference. Wood Tech Summit will be held Oct. 9-10 at the Woodworking Centre of Ontario, located on the campus of Conestoga College, one-hour southwest of Toronto's Pearson International Airport.
The event will feature presentations on industry best practices in the front office and shop floor, tabletop exhibits, optional facility tours and networking opportunities. It will bring together owners, executives and key managers of North American secondary wood products companies and leading industry suppliers.
What's more, Wood Tech Summit dovetails with the start of the world-famous, Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest, Oct. 10-18, billed as the largest Bavarian festival held outside of Germany.
Wood Tech Summit will kick off on Thursday, Oct. 9, with a full-day conference program featuring tabletop exhibits and a networking reception. Attendees will have the option to attend the Friday, Oct. 10 facility tours, which currently include George Guenzler & Sons and the Woodworking Centre of Ontario.
Oct. 9 Presentations
* Surviving & Thriving Through Continuous Innovation--Judson Beaumont, Owner/Designer, Straight Line Designs
* Gaining Competitive Advantage Through Hiring & Training Best Practices --Richard Lipman, President, Wood Manufacturing Council
* On-Shore vs. Off-Shore Manufacturing --Pierre "Pete" Fournier, President, Triangle Kitchen Ltd.
* Big Marketing Ideas for Small Marketing Budgets--Jim Lawrence, President, Avondale Kitchens & Baths and President of the Canadian Kitchen Cabinet Association
* Reaping the Rewards of a Woodworking Cluster--Mike Baker, Manager, Bluewater Wood Alliance
* New Technologies & Trends That Have, Will or Might Transform Your Woodworking Business--Sepp Gmeiner, Partner, Lignum Consulting
Oct. 10 Facility Tours
George Guenzler a Sons Inc. has bulked up on CNC technology at its plant to manufacture turned and shaped wood components. Its customers include many of the leading and largest wood product manufacturers in North America.
The Woodworking Centre of Ontario is a 50,000-square-foot, well-equipped facility on the Conestoga College campus. Facilitating excellence in secondary wood processing education and training, The Woodworking Centre has earned a rank in the top four in the world as a top-rated training institution.
Register to attend, exhibit or sponsor at woodtechsummit.com.
Find more information @ WoodTechSummit.com
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Wood Tech Summit|
|Comment:||Leaders to gather for Wood Tech Summit: conference, plant tours and tabletop displays are among the highlights.(Wood Tech Summit)|
|Article Type:||Conference news|
|Date:||Aug 1, 2014|
|Previous Article:||China faceoff.|
|Next Article:||Housing & woodworking: latest trends & impacts: an exclusive survey on the construction industry's impact on actions in woodworking.|