Printer Friendly

Lawley hat-trick rescues Khalsa; WEST MIDLANDS REGIONAL.

SUPER Sporting Khalsa stormed back to seal a stunning 5-1 success, despite being reduced to 10 men against Bilston Town Community.

Khalsa claimed the opening goal through Brad Lawley but Bilston hit back to level through Scott Jones.

However, Khalsa then had Tim Oliver sent off and they also lost key central defender Richard Golding with injury.

But that didn't stop 10-men Khalsa taking charge in the second half as Lawley completed his hat-trick before Craig Bannister cracked home a 30-yard screamer before Nicky Campbell netted a fifth.

Khalsa have won eight of their nine league games so far but they remain three points behind AFC Bridgnorth with a healthy four games in hand.

Bridgnorth stay top, thanks to a 3-0 win at Wolverhampton Sporting Community where Mark Danks struck twice and Glynn Coley grabbed the third.

Third-placed Gornal Athletic were held to a 1-1 draw at local rivals Dudley Town.

Steve Jones fired the Robins in front before play was halted in the closing stages ollowing an injury to Gornal's former Town player Dreniz Bala. On resumption, Gornal caught their rivals cold when Carl Martin cracked home the equaliser.

Dudley Sports pulled off a stunning 2-1 win at Shawbury United. Two well-taken goals from Mitch Clarke did the trick after Stuart Ellis levelled for Shawbury.

Wellington Amateurs move off the bottom after they beat Bewdley Town 2-1 so Shifnal Town slip below them after their 4-1 defeat at home to Willenhall Town.

Matt Dorgan (2), Tom Turner and stunning solo effort by Callum Foster were the Willenhall scorers, with Brody Mulligan replying with a spectacular volley.

Wolves Casuals continued their climb up the table with a 5-4 win at Wellington.

Danny Westwood and Ged Oldnall were both on target twice with Steve Douglas getting the deciding goal.

Sam Pearson plundered both goals as Pegasus Juniors pulled off a 2-0 win over Ellesmere Rangers.

Smethwick Rangers' game with Cradley Town was abandoned four minutes from time, following an injury to Smethwick defender Danny Bellis. Cradley were leading 3-2 at the time.

COPYRIGHT 2014 Birmingham Post & Mail Ltd
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2014 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Title Annotation:Sport
Publication:Sunday Mercury (Birmingham, England)
Date:Sep 28, 2014
Previous Article:Eat your heart out, chefs! Email OPINION Fionnuala Bourke.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2018 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters