Latest standards in the field of environmental testing.
* EN 16603-10-04 This standard applies to all product types which exist or operate in space and defines the natural environment for all space regimes. It also defines general models and rules for determining the local induced environment.
* BS ISO 362-1 Measurement of noise emitted by accelerating road vehicles. Engineering method. M and N categories.
* BS EN 14718 Influence of organic materials on water intended for human consumption. Determination of the chlorine demand. Test Method
* BS ISO 16000-20 Indoor air. Detection and enumeration of moulds. Determination of total spore count.
* BS EN 16602-70-50 Space product assurance. Particles contamination monitoring for spacecraft systems and cleanrooms.
* BS EN ISO 7441 Corrosion of metals and alloys. Determination of bimetallic corrosion in atmospheric exposure corrosion tests.
* BS EN ISO 7539 Corrosion of metals and alloys. Stress corrosion testing. -10 Reverse U-bend method. -11 Guidelines for testing the resistance of metals and alloys to hydrogen embrittlement and hydrogenassisted cracking.
* BS IS016956 Thermal performance in the built environment. Determination of air flow rate in building applications by field measuring methods.
* BS EN 61340-4-8 Electrostatics. Standard test methods for specific applications. Electrostatic discharge shielding. Bags.
* BS 5918 Solar heating systems for domestic hot water. Code of practice for design and installation.
-PD IS0/TS 14072
Environmental management. Life cycle assessment. Requirements and guidelines for organizational life cycle assessment.
* BS ISO 50004 Energy management systems. Guidance for the implementation, maintenance and improvement of an energy management system.
* BS ISO 50015 Energy management systems. Measurement and verification of energy performance of organizations. General principles and guidance.
* EN 50465 European product standard for combined heating power systems using gas fuel.
* BS EN 61400-23 Wind turbines. Full-scale structural testing of rotor blades.
* BS EN 374-2 Protective gloves against dangerous chemicals and Determination of resistance to penetration
* BS EN 1330-1 Nondestructive testing. Terminology. List of general
* BS EN 16602-70-10 Space product assurance. Qualification of printed circuit boards.
* BS EN 60086-4 Primary batteries. Safety of lithium batteries.
NEW WORK ITEMS
In order to give members the opportunity to take part in the setting of standards, the following are recently announced new standards work, along with the relevant BSI committee (in brackets).
* EN 862 Child-resistant packaging. Requirements and testing procedures for nonreclosable packages for nonpharmaceutical products (PKW/0/3).
* EN 1097-2 Tests for mechanical and physical properties of aggregates. Methods for the determination of esistance to fragmentation (B/502/6).
* EN 1279 Glass in building. Insulating glass units. Long term test method and requirements for moisture penetration (B/520/2).
i-BS 8611 Robots and robotic devices. Guide to the ethical design and application of robots and robotic systems (AMT/-/2).
* BS 8701 Determination of the susceptibility to cracking of line pipe steels in sour service. Method of test (PSE/17).
* ISO 9869-2 Thermal insulation. Building elements. In-situ measurement of thermal resistance. Infrared method (B/540/8).
* EN 12591 Bitumen and bituminous binders. Specifications for paving grade bitumens (B/510/19).
* EN 13100-1 Non destructive testing of welded joints of thermoplastics semi-finished products. Visual examination (PRI/80).
* IS014955-2 Machine tools. Environmental evaluation of machine tools. Methods for measuring energy supplied to machine tools and machine tool components (MTE/I).
* EN 16383 Thermal insulating products for building applications. Determination of the hygrothermal behavior of external thermal insulation composite systems with renders (B/540).
* IS019679 Plastics. Determination of aerobic biodegradation of non-floating plastic materials in a seawater/sediment interface. Method by analysis of evolved carbon dioxide (PRI/21).
* ISO 20283-3 Mechanical vibration. Measurement of vibration on ships. Preinstallation vibration measurement of shipboard equipment (GME/21/5).
* ISO 20283-5 Mechanical vibration. Measurement of vibration on ships. Measurement, evaluation and reporting of vibration with regard to habitability on passenger and merchant ships (GME/21/5).
* ISO 20998-3 Measurement and characterization of particles by acoustic methods. Guidelines for non-linear theory (LBI/37).
* ISO 21940-2 Metallic materials. Measurement of fracture toughness at impact loading rates using precracked Charpy-type test pieces (ISE/101/4).
* SO 52003-1 Energy performance of buildings. Indicators, requirements and certification. General aspects and application to the overall energy performance (B/540/8).
* EN 60068-2-52 Environmental testing. Tests. Test Kb. Salt mist, cyclic (sodium, chloride solution) (GEL/104).
* EN 61400-1 Wind turbines. Design requirements (PEL/88).
* EN 62433-2 EMC 1C modelling. Models of Integrated Circuits for EMI behavioural simulation. Conducted emissions modelling (EPL/47).
* EN 62938 Non-uniform snow load testing for photovoltaic (PV) modules (GEL/82).
By David Richards Hon.FSEE. CEnq. CEnv Consultant