Land & sea.
The Mediterranean is one of the world's most culturally rich and exotic destinations, from Italy's ancient stone villages and sunny beaches to the mystical eastern flair of Turkey to the Holy Land of Israel. Whether you are seeking stunning landscapes, splendid cuisine, or a new cultural experience, there is something for everyone on a Mediterranean cruise.
Adventurers who join Flying Wheels Travel on Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Seas begin with three nights in Rome before departing on the cruise of a lifetime. The dates are May 12-28, 2012--that's 16 nights with the cruise departing from Rome.
Wheelchair-accessible tours include:
* Ancient Rome with a visit to the Colosseum, the Forum, and the Pantheon
* Baroque Rome with stops at Vatican City, Trevi Fountain, the Piazza Navona, and the Spanish Steps
* The Pyramids of Giza and the National Egyptian Museum
* The Library of Alexandria and ancient sites
* Jerusalem, including the Western Wall
* The ancient port of Jaffa and Tel Aviv
* The ancient city of Ephesus and the bazaar in Kusadasi, Turkey
* The Acropolis of Athens, Greece
* Pompeii and the coast of Sorrento
This accessible cruise tour is designed specifically for wheelchair users, those who have difficulty walking, or individuals who have a chronic illness. Experienced group-travel hosts will assist with all arrangements and provide personal support to make this a worry-free vacation.
If you prefer not to travel alone, Flying Wheels can recommend experienced travel companions who are able to assist you while traveling, or provide a break or give additional support to your caregiver. The company can arrange companions for individual travel, part of a group opportunity, or to assist a single traveler.
Contact: Timothy Holt, timh@flyingwheels_travel.com/612-381-1622/flyingwheelstuavei.com.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||exploring our world; Flying Wheels Travel|
|Publication:||PN - Paraplegia News|
|Article Type:||Brief article|
|Date:||Nov 1, 2011|
|Previous Article:||Generic Viagra: just around the corner.|
|Next Article:||A wearable robot.|