LMRA announces grace period.
Manama, June 27 (BNA): The Labour Market Regulatory Authority announced today that an amnesty period will commence on July 1st for six months aimed at allowing illegal workers to either legalize their presence in Bahrain through obtaining legal gainful employment or by leaving back to their countries without penalties or "Black Listing" which will allow all workers who choose to leave Bahrain during the amnesty period to return at any future date to Bahrain without obstacles.
The Labour Market Regulatory Authority's Chief Executive Officer Ausamah Alabsi said :"we offer this opportunity to all those who may have found themselves on the wrong side of the law to rectify their situation without having to pay penalties or face legal procedures."
He added, "we aim to remove as many people as possible from this vulnerable position of being illegal and subject to exploitation, and give them the opportunity of a new start without financial or legal costs."
Mr. Alabsi also stressed that there will be no penalty fees and therefore no worker should pay anyone for this service, stating that "it is illegal to collect money from workers for the services offered by the amnesty either by employers or middlemen."
During the Amnesty from 1/7/2015 -31/12/2015, workers of the following categories:
- Absent from work (runaway).
- Terminated (overstay).
- Absent after termination (runaway after termination).
- Non-Renewed (overstay).
Will be eligible to avail of the special procedures by either:
1. Leaving Bahrain without penalty fines and with the possibility of returning at any time regardless of legal status (No black listing).
2. Getting legal employment with a new employer without the consent of the previous employer and with removal of any offenses that currently exist.
First: To use Amnesty to leave Bahrain without penalties and without black listing, simply get extension from the Immigration Authorities NPRA Head Quarter only (Immigration). on your passport and travel.
Second: To use the Amnesty to get legal employment, please follow these steps:
1. You should find a new employer.
2. New employer should obtain an extension for Grace Period from NPRA Head Quarter only (Immigration).
3. The worker should Fill in and sign the Intention to Transfer Form and provide it to the NEW Employer. Employer will have to upload it with your new work permit application submitted online through the LMRA Expatriate Management system. There is no need for the employee to visit the LMRA offices at any point of this process.
For further Information contact the call centre 17506055.
A H N
BNA 1606 GMT 2015/06/27
Publishing Rights Reserved to Bahrain News Agency 2003 - 2015 Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. ( Syndigate.info ).
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Bahrain News Agency|
|Date:||Jun 27, 2015|
|Previous Article:||Health Minister sends condolences to Kuwaiti, Tunisian counterparts.|
|Next Article:||Jafari Endowments condemns mosque blast in Kuwait.|