Key facilities for attracting house buyers.
* Men and women are equally likely to rate education facilities as their number one priority. Only 2pc most want nurseries while one per cent most want local playgrounds.
* Supermarkets are the key local amenity for 25pc of people, rising to 37pc of those in their 50s and 43pc of those aged 60 or more.
* Pubs and bars are the key factor for 8pc of Britons, including 11pc of men. Almost one in five (19pc) single Britons thirst for a boozer most compared to only one in 20 of those who are married.
* Seven per cent of people most want local parks, rising to 11pc of those in their 50s and 9pc of those aged 60 or above. Those who are likeliest to be parents are obviously concerned with schools first and foremost, with only 3pc of 30-somethings wanting parks more than anything else.
* Corner shops and newsagents are most important for 14pc of Britons, rising to 25pc of those aged 60 or above.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||The Journal (Newcastle, England)|
|Date:||Jan 10, 2004|
|Previous Article:||Location = education for most buyers.|
|Next Article:||Ideal facilities at hand for an elderly relative.|
|Family VALUE; PROPERTY: All the news.|
|Detached houses with bay location; HOMES.|
|: Luxury living in a tranquil place.|
|Spoilt for choice at Murray Park.|
|Introduce a boost to new business orders.|
|Dreams can come true.|