Printer Friendly

KERR-McGEE INCREASES NORTH SEA HOLDINGS

 OKLAHOMA CITY, June 14 /PRNewswire/ -- Kerr-McGee Oil (U.K.) PLC and its partners have been conditionally offered three offshore production licenses covering five blocks in the United Kingdom sector of the North Sea. The licenses have been offered by the U.K. Department of Trade and Industry as part of its 14th round of offshore licensing.
 Kerr-McGee will be the operator and will have a 60 percent interest in blocks 16/7c, 16/12b and 16/13d. Amerada Hess Ltd. (NYSE: AHC) will hold the remaining 40 percent interest in these blocks.
 Kerr-McGee also will operate and have a 40 percent interest in block 97/12, with the remaining interest held by partners Amerada Hess Ltd. (30 percent) and OMV (U.K.) Ltd. (30 percent).
 In block 41/5, Kerr-McGee will have a 30 percent interest. Partners are Amerada Hess Ltd. (40 percent), the operator and OMV Ltd. (30 percent).
 These acquisitions will increase Kerr-McGee's holdings in the U.K. sector of the North Sea to 26 licenses.
 Kerr-McGee Oil (U.K.) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kerr-McGee Corp. (NYSE: KMG), an energy and chemical company based in Oklahoma City.
 -0- 6/14/93
 /CONTACT: A. Barry Brandt of Kerr-McGee, 405-270-2434/
 (AHC KMG)


CO: Kerr-McGee Oil (U.K.) PLC; Amerada Hess Ltd.; Kerr-McGee Corp. ST: Oklahoma IN: OIL SU:

MC -- DV005 -- 1848 06/14/93 17:48 EDT
COPYRIGHT 1993 PR Newswire Association LLC
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 1993 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:PR Newswire
Date:Jun 14, 1993
Words:229
Previous Article:ALPA CERTIFIED AS REPRESENTATIVE IN FEDERAL EXPRESS BALLOT
Next Article:CALIFORNIA TEAM WINS 1993 CHRYSLER/AAA TROUBLE SHOOT
Topics:


Related Articles
FIRST OIL FROM NEW NORTH SEA FIELD ANNOUNCED BY KERR-McGEE
TWO NAMED SENIOR VICE PRESIDENTS AT KERR-McGEE
KERR-McGEE INCREASES HOLDINGS IN NORTH SEA
KERR-McGEE INCREASES HOLDINGS IN NORTH SEA
Gulf Sells U.K. North Sea Assets to Kerr-McGee for Cdn$590 Million
Gulf Sells UK North Sea Assets to Kerr-Mcgee for CDN$590 Million
Kerr-McGee and Gulf Canada Complete Transaction
Kerr-McGee Expands Gryphon Core Area in North Sea.
Kerr-McGee to Acquire North Sea Operations of Repsol.
Kerr-McGee Completes Acquisition of Repsol's North Sea Operations.

Terms of use | Copyright © 2017 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters