KCl ABTHERA ADVANCE Open Abdomen Dressing.
ABTHERA ADVANCE Dressing is the next generation temporary abdominal closure device leveraging the technology and success of ABTHERA Open Abdomen Negative Pressure Therapy in bridging abdominal wall openings where primary closure is not possible and/or repeat abdominal entries are necessary. In a comparative study of healthy pigs with an open abdominal wound which were treated with either ABTHERA SENSAT.R.A.C. OA Dressing or ABTHERA ADVANCE Dressing at -1 25mmHg, the ABTHERA ADVANCE Dressing demonstrated significant increase in overall tissue, skin, and fascia movement, with no change in intraabdominal pressure. The ABTHERA ADVANCE Perforated Foam collapses medially while under negative pressure, actively drawing wound edges together. ABTHERA ADVANCE Dressing is designed to manage the open abdomen by:
* Actively removing fluid and reducing edema
* Providing medial tension which helps minimize fascial retraction and loss of domain
* Providing a separation between the abdominal wall and viscera
* Protecting abdominal contents from the external environment
* Allowing for rapid re-entry with no requirements for sutures for placement