Printer Friendly

KAISER TO MANAGE ALCAN PLANTS.

Kaiser Jamaica Bauxite Co. will be handed a management contract to run Alcan Jamaica Bauxite Co., reports CANA (February 25, 2001). Canadian company Alcan, which sold out its Jamaica operations to Swiss firm Glencore earlier in February, is close to signing a management contract with Kaiser, sources said. Meetings have been scheduled between all parties involved -- the workers, unions and management -- over how the operations at Alcan's two plants, Kirkvine and Ewarton, both in Central Jamaica, will be run. Glencore acquired 93% of Alcan's shares, but the commodities trading firm has opted against going into the business of producing alumina, opting instead to find a firm to run the 50-year-old Jamaica operation. The Jamaican Government owns the remaining 7% shares in Alcan.
COPYRIGHT 2001 Caribbean Update, Inc.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2001 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Caribbean Update
Geographic Code:5JAMA
Date:Apr 1, 2001
Words:122
Previous Article:PRIVATIZATION IN JAMAICA.
Next Article:NATIONAL IRRIGATION DEVELOPMENT.
Topics:


Related Articles
MORE BAUXITE JOBS CUT.
Alcan, Ford Sign Aluminum Supply Agreement.
Kaiser bankruptcy hits scrap segment. (Scrap Industry News).
Alcan closing Bracebridge cable plant.
Full circle: Omni Source Corp. bridges a closed-loop recycling program between a Ford Plant and an Alcan mill. (Cover Story).
ALCAN'S SOLUTION TREATS INDUSTRIAL RESIDUE.
Alcan Recycling announces cans for habitat results.
Merger creates packaging giant.
Alcan to acquire food packaging plant in Poland to serve growing Eastern European markets.
OMAN - Sohar Aluminium Smelter.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2021 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters |