JustSystems Announces Key Milestones and Drivers to the Company's Success in 2006.
PALO ALTO, Calif. -- JustSystems, Inc., a leading global enterprise software company, today announced it has made significant strides in 2006 in strengthening its position in North America as a preeminent player in the enterprise content and information management markets. The company, drawing on 27 years of success in developing office productivity and information management solutions for millions of users, had a banner year with key highlights including the company's strategic acquisition of XMetaL, significant partner agreements, impressive customer wins, and industry accolades.
"JustSystems has achieved impressive milestones in 2006 in our global expansion strategy," said Mr. Kazunori Ukigawa, President and CEO, JustSystems. "We look forward to building on our successes in 2007 and demonstrating how our innovative, award-winning technology solutions bring top and bottom-line value to content-rich and data-rich organizations."
Acquisition and Expansion
JustSystems acquired the XMetaL software business of Blast Radius in March 2006 -- gaining the ability to offer leading-edge XML content lifecycle solutions in the North American market. Under JustSystems, the XMetaL product line expanded on its product development activities, forming the new Content Lifecycle Solutions Practice to deliver expertise in the strategy, planning, design, and implementation of content lifecycle processes and technology. The group works with companies to improve content lifecycles -- from content acquisition, creation, publishing and localization to content management -- enabling global enterprises to increase the speed and reduce the cost of multilingual content publishing.
To support the growth and increased global presence, JustSystems has also recently undertaken a companywide re-branding initiative. The effort encompasses company and product logos, collateral, and a new website (scheduled for launch in February), and is designed to build upon the existing strength of JustSystems, and the xfy and XMetaL product lines.
In fiscal year 2006, JustSystems garnered a number of new customers and gained additional momentum in the enterprise content and information management markets. Most recently, Nippon Chemi-con Corporation, a multi-national electronic components manufacturer based in Tokyo, chose a joint software solution from IBM and JustSystems to optimize inventory redistribution in its global operations. JustSystems also now counts Tellabs, Network Appliance, Detroit Diesel, Yale University and FedEx among its customers.
To extend its breadth of expertise and market reach, JustSystems has strengthened alliances with key technology partners.
JustSystems attained the status of IBM Advanced Partner, and announced a formal Teaming Agreement that includes a joint, go-to-market plan to drive adoption of IBM's pureXML[TM] technology and complementary xfy (pronounced 'x-fie') solutions. The company also earned IBM DB2[R] 9 Data Server Certification for its flagship xfy product, giving enterprise customers confidence in the ease of integration between IBM DB2 server software products and the JustSystems xfy product line.
JustSystems also announced xfy Enterprise Solution[TM] for Oracle Content Database 10g in North America and Europe, enabling Oracle Database 10g customers to easily manage and deliver information across multiple reporting sources, dynamically, to end users.
The XMetaL for Documentum integration received the EMC "Designed for Documentum" designation, a mark of quality that demonstrates that the product has successfully met a comprehensive set of criteria for good design, development and implementation. JustSystems also unveiled its new Xelerate Partner Program to offer a larger breadth of offerings in it end-to-end content lifecycle solutions, with the first partners to gain certification: XyEnterprise, a leading developer of XML and standards-based content management solutions; Ovidius GmbH, a German-based provider of XML solutions for creating, managing, and publishing technical information; and CommandText, a systems integrator specializing in structured content solutions.
JustSystems' ongoing investment in new product development and innovation yielded a number of exciting product introductions for both xfy and XMetaL in 2006. Highlights include:
* xfy Enterprise Solution availability for IBM DB2 9 and Oracle Content Database 10(g)-- The xfy Enterprise Solution delivers the first client environment for both DB2 9 and Oracle Content Database 10g that enables end users to connect disparate internal and external information silos with two-way information capability, without the need for programming skills. Most importantly, the resulting visual presentation -- controlled by the end user and easily customized according to individual information needs -- delivers dynamic business information that enables fast decision making and increased business agility.
* xfy XBRL Solution --JustSystems announced its xfy XBRL Solution, which drives down the cost of compliance, reducing the time and cost involved with increasingly stringent SEC and other regulatory filings. This represents the first ever financial reporting tool to feature dynamic, visual presentation of financial data while leveraging the accuracy and reliability inherent to the XBRL standard. Scheduled for general availability in 2007, the JustSystems xfy XBRL Solution will be based on xfy Enterprise Edition.
* XMetaL Content Lifecycle Solutions -- XMetaL Content Lifecycle Solutions, which include Global Content Delivery and Master Content Management, set a new standard for creating, sharing, and delivering information quickly across multiple channels and locales -- helping organizations accelerate time to market worldwide, speed up publishing processes by up to 80 percent, and reduce localization costs by up to 40 - 70 percent.
* XMetaL Author 5.0 -- XMetaL Author 5.0 meets the needs of companies seeking a solution to manage high volumes of information with an enterprise-ready content creation and publishing solution that can be rapidly deployed and integrated with content management systems (CMS). XMetaL was the first XML content authoring solution built for the Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) and continues to lead the industry with the deepest DITA support. XMetaL Author 5.0 is available in the following editions: Author, DITA Edition, new Enterprise Edition, and XMAX - the embeddable, web-based edition.
* IBM "CTO Innovation" Awards -- JustSystems' xfy secured top honors in the IBM Information Management Awards. IBM recognized the company for technology innovation excellence in delivering exceptional business value for information management with the xfy Enterprise Solution. The recognition came as part of the first-ever IBM "CTO Innovation" Awards, announced at the 2006 IBM Information On Demand show.
* The EContent 100 -- In November, JustSystems' XMetaL was named "One of the 100 Companies that Matter Most" in the digital content industry by EContent Magazine. Editors from EContent Magazine and its publisher Information Today, Inc. named the XMetaL product and service line as a 2006 EContent 100 Award winner in the "Content Creation & Digital Publishing" category.
About JustSystems, Inc.
JustSystems is a leading global software provider with a 27-year history of successful innovation in office productivity, information management, and consumer and enterprise software. With over 2,400 customers worldwide and annual revenues over $110M, the company is continuing a global expansion strategy that includes the launch of its new enterprise software offering called xfy (pronounced 'x-fie'), and the acquisition of XMetaL, XML-based content lifecycle solutions. JustSystems has worldwide office locations including headquarters in Tokyo, Japan; Palo Alto, California; Vancouver, Canada; and London, England. The company currently employs over 1,000 people. Major strategic partnerships include IBM, Oracle and EMC.
Copyright JustSystems Inc. All rights reserved. XMetaL is a registered trademark of JustSystems Canada Inc. Other product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Article Type:||Company overview|
|Date:||Jan 16, 2007|
|Previous Article:||Textron Supports Quality and Efficient Health Care.|
|Next Article:||Cable Operators to Spend $80 Billion Worldwide Through 2012 to Expand Network Bandwidth, According to ABI Research.|