Jackson(SM) Launches New Investment Offerings Within Variable Annuity Products.
LANSING, Mich. -- Jackson National Life Insurance Company([R]) (Jackson) today announced the launch of several enhancements to its existing family of variable annuities. Jackson has added new investment options subadvised by Franklin Templeton Investments, Credit Suisse Asset Management and Pacific Investment Management Company LLC (PIMCO) to the portfolio lineup within its variable annuities.
Additionally, Jackson has upgraded the Joint Option on two of its guaranteed minimum withdrawal benefits (GMWBs), which are now available within ERISA-qualified contracts, and has added a 5-percent premium credit option, which applies to each premium payment received during the first year of the contract1.
"To support the continuing growth of our variable annuity business, Jackson is committed to product innovations that are designed to provide a diverse lineup of investment offerings and living benefits that can enhance the retirement planning process for advisers and their clients," said Clifford Jack, executive vice president and chief distribution officer for Jackson. "The strength of Jackson's products, coupled with the value-added training and support that is the core of our wholesaling model, are critical tools in helping advisers better anticipate the retirement needs of their clients and, ultimately, strengthen and expand their practices."
The new portfolios within Jackson's variable annuity investment lineup each feature distinct, long-term asset allocation strategies, which enable advisers to choose an appropriate investment option for their individual clients, depending on their unique financial objectives. Jackson's new VA portfolio options include:
* JNL/Franklin Templeton Global Growth - A value-oriented portfolio that seeks long-term capital growth and invests in stocks selling at low prices relative to the managers' appraisal of value.
* JNL/Franklin Templeton Mutual Shares - A disciplined, value-driven portfolio that seeks capital appreciation, with income as a secondary goal, and invests primarily in undervalued stocks, as well as distressed securities and merger arbitrage.
* JNL/Franklin Templeton Founding Strategy - A diversified portfolio that combines three existing investment options, each subadvised by Franklin Templeton Investments. The portfolio's asset allocation is divided equally, with one-third of the portfolio representing the JNL/Franklin Templeton Global Growth, one-third representing the JNL/Franklin Templeton Mutual Shares, and one-third representing the JNL/Franklin Templeton Income, which is currently offered by Jackson within its variable annuity investment lineup. The Founding Strategy portfolio offers an auto-rebalancing feature when the above asset allocation becomes out of tolerance by 3 percent. JNL/Franklin Templeton Income follows a value-oriented approach that focuses on undervalued dividend-paying stocks and bonds across a variety of industries.
* JNL/Credit Suisse Global Natural Resources - A long-term capital growth portfolio that invests in worldwide companies active in the extraction, production, processing and trading of the following products: chemicals, building materials, metal and other raw materials, timber and paper products, containers and packaging as well as companies in the energy resources sector.
* JNL/Credit Suisse Long/Short - A total return portfolio that employs a proprietary, quantitative multi-factor model to select an equity portfolio with long-run average total returns greater than the benchmark Standard & Poor's (S&P) 500 Index and with investment risk similar to the S&P 500 Index.
* JNL/PIMCO Real Return - Seeks maximum real return that is consistent with preservation of real capital and prudent investment management. The portfolio invests at least 80 percent of its assets in inflation-indexed bonds of varying maturities issued by the U.S. and non-U.S. governments, their agencies or government-sponsored enterprises and corporations.
"Jackson's approach to product development is based on two key factors - the input we gather from our adviser partners and a culture of innovation," said Steve Kluever, senior vice president of product and investment management for Jackson National Life Distributors LLC. "Together, these factors enable Jackson to offer advisers new living benefits and a diversified range of investment options from the industry's top money managers in a timely manner. In addition, the unbundled design of our variable annuity products allows advisers the flexibility to build a product with only those living benefits and investment options that fit their clients' individual financial situations."
Advisers who are interested in learning more about the support offered by Jackson's wholesaling team, and the optional benefits and investment options within Jackson's variable annuity products, should call 800/711-JNLD (5653).
About Jackson National Life Insurance Company
With more than $70 billion in assets (GAAP unaudited at 6/30/06)(*), Jackson National Life Insurance Company (Jackson) is an industry leader in variable, fixed and fixed index annuities. The company also sells retail mutual funds, life insurance and institutional products. Jackson markets its products in 49 states and the District of Columbia through independent and regional broker-dealers, financial institutions and independent insurance agents. Jackson's subsidiary, Jackson National Life Insurance Company of New York([R]), markets annuity products in the state of New York. Through its affiliates and subsidiaries, Jackson also provides asset management and retail brokerage services. For more information, visit www.jnl.com.
(*) Jackson also has $63.1 billion in GAAP policy liabilities set aside to pay primarily future policyowner benefits (GAAP unaudited at 6/30/06).
Optional benefits are available at an additional cost and once elected may not be cancelled. All optional benefits may not be available in all states, and state variations may apply. The long-term advantage of the optional benefits will vary with the terms of the benefit option, the investment performance of the variable investment options you select and the length of time you own the annuity. As a result, in some circumstances, the cost of an option may exceed the actual benefit paid under the option. See the prospectus for more details.
1The increased contract value resulting from the premium credit option is reduced during the first seven contract years by the operation of the premium credit charge. If no withdrawals are taken during the first seven years, at the end of the period where the premium credit option charge is applicable, the contract value will be equal to or slightly higher than if the premium credit option had not been selected, regardless of investment performance. Fees and expenses may be higher, and the recapture charge period may be longer, than for variable annuity contracts that do not have a premium credit option.
The Perspective Family of Variable Annuities (VA210, VA220, VA250, VA410) and Jackson's Retirement Latitudes Product (VA 310) are issued by Jackson National Life Insurance Company, Lansing, MI, and distributed by Jackson National Life Distributors LLC, member NASD. May not be available in all states and state variations may apply. The products have limitations and restrictions, including possible withdrawal charges, recapture charges, and excess interest adjustments. Please contact the company for more information.
Guarantees are backed by the claims-paying ability of Jackson National Life Insurance Company and do not apply to the principal amount or investment performance of the separate account or its underlying investments. Variable annuities involve investment risks and may lose value. A variable annuity is a long-term, tax-deferred investment vehicles designed for retirement. An annuity's earnings are taxable as ordinary income when distributed and, if taken before age 59 1/2, may be subject to a 10% federal tax penalty.
Before investing, investors should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses of the variable annuity and its underlying investment options. The current contract prospectus and underlying fund prospectuses, which are contained in the same document, provide this and other important information. Please contact your representative or the Company to obtain the prospectuses. Please read the prospectuses carefully before investing or sending money.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Jan 30, 2007|
|Previous Article:||Digital Health a Key Focus in 2007 for Leading Research Firm Parks Associates.|
|Next Article:||MakeMusic, Inc. Releases New Finale Allegro.|