Printer Friendly

Italy sends more troops to Naples after jump in killings.

NAPLES, Italy, Jumada I 06, 1437, February 15, 2016, SPA -- The Italian government sent 250 more troops to Naples on Monday to help fight an upsurge of violence in the crime-plagued city, according to Reuters. Local police are struggling to bring order to the Naples area, where 12 people have been killed this year in murders linked to a mob turf war. "From today, 250 soldiers will take part in high-impact operations in Naples," Interior Minister Angelino Alfano said in a statement. About 900 soldiers are already assigned to security operations in Naples but local officials had called for further help following the wave of killings, including three last week. The reinforcements' mission will be to quell the gang warfare and battle the growing criminality, Alfano said. --SPA 22:34 LOCAL TIME 19:34 GMT

All Rights Reversed for Saudi Press Agency Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. ( Syndigate.info ).

COPYRIGHT 2016 SyndiGate Media Inc.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2016 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Saudi Press Agency (SPA)
Date:Feb 15, 2016
Words:149
Previous Article:Slovak prime minister sees need for Plan B to protect EU borders.
Next Article:One killed in pre-election rioting in Ugandan capital.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2018 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters