Italy : Development of a Combined Synchrotron Radiation and VUV Free-Electron Laser Facility.
* Optimise the FEL performance to enable a wide wavelength range to be covered, at least between 350 and 190 nm.
* Demonstrate that the FEL can be operated while still permitting the operation of other synchrotron radiation beamlines.
* Carry out pilot experiments with the FEL beam to demonstrate its potential use.
* Design, construction and testing of the optical cavity unit (task A).
* Production and testing of mirrors (task B).
* Design, construction and testing of undulator and front-end (task C).
* Characterization of electron beam properties (task D).
* Theoretical prediction of FEL performance (task E).
* Commissioning of the FEL (task F).
* Execution of proof-of-principle experiments (task G).
2013 Al Bawaba (Albawaba.com)
Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Feb 8, 2013|
|Previous Article:||United Kingdom : The role of mnk1 and mnk2 in cellular regulation.|
|Next Article:||United Kingdom : Development of new Non-Toxic Methodology for the Synthesis of Important Pharmaceuticals Using Free Radicals.|