It's your choice.
1. Name that element!
2. A compound is volatile if it
A can easily break apart.
B turns easily into a gas when heated.
C combines easily with other elements.
D is highly explosive.
3. Which of the following elements is not a metal?
A Sodium (Na)
B Zinc (Zn)
C Germanium (Ge)
D Nitrogen (N)
4. Other than those found in group 18, most nonmetals form compounds easily. These elements are
5. Which of the following is not found in group 17?
A Fluorine (F)
B Iodine (I)
C Bromine (Br)
D Krypton (Kr)
6. Which of the following is the only nonmetal that is a liquid at room temperature?
A Bromine (Br)
B Tellurium (Te)
C Nitrogen (N)
D Boron (B)
1. chlorine 2. b 3. d 4. e 5. d 6. a
STINKER: In its pure form, this element is smelly and highly toxic. It was even used as a weapon during World War I.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Article Type:||Brief Article|
|Date:||Jan 24, 2005|
|Previous Article:||The periodic table.|
|Next Article:||Stop bugging me!|
|It's all about choices.|
|Encyclopedia of American Studies.|
|From Chauncey Shea re letter.|
|Why do environmentalists avoid the meat issue?|
|Wine issue before Supreme Court.|
|In search of the elusive answer.|
|Four legs good ...|