1. The--found in toothpaste scrubs clean the surface of teeth.
2. Phosphorous combines with -- to form strong bones.
3. A--is a solid found in rocks and soil that has a specific crystal structure.
4. Negatively charged particles: --
5. Along with nitrogen, --is a common ingredient in fertilizers.
6.--is the chemical that carries hereditary information.
7. Phosphorus and helium are both non--, which do not conduct electricity or heat well.
8. Phosphorous combines with calcium and fluorine to form the mineral--.
9. The tart flavoring found in soda comes from an acid made of phosphorous combined with hydrogen and--.
10.--are tiny green structures in plants where photosynthesis occurs.
11. A--is commonly added to soft drinks and other foods to increase their shelf life.
12. Shiny white outer layer on teeth:--
Bonus: The structure of DNA is a twisted ladder shape called a.--b.--.
1. abrasive 2. calcium 3. mineral 4. electrons 5. phosphorus 6. DNA 7. metals 8. apatite 9. oxygen 10. chloroplasts 11. preservative 12. enamel Bonus: a. double b. helix
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||VOCABULARY BUILDER|
|Date:||Nov 28, 2005|
|Previous Article:||Can we be neighbors?|
|Next Article:||Over the edge.|