1. Thew two most abundant elements dissolved in seawater:--and sodium
2. Softest known solid on Earth:--
3. Two or more elements combine to form a --.
4. Mixture of metals:--
5. A row in the periodic table:--
6.--earth metals are highly reactive in nature.
7. Opposite of acid:--
8. Atoms that have an electric charge:--
9. Inside your stomach, magnesium bonds with --to form a base.
10. Compound that plants use to turn carbon dioxide and water into energy and oxygen: --
11. The Hawaiian Islands are made of this dark volcanic rock:--
12. Members of the same--on the periodic table are located in the same column.
13. Erupted molten rock:--
a. Magnesium is named after Magnesia, a region in Thessaly,--.
b. Magnesium burns with a brilliant white light. That's why it's used in fireworks and f--.
1. chlorine 2. talc 3. compound 4. alloy 5. period 6. alkaline 7. base 8. ions 9. hydroxide 10. chlorophyll 11. basalt 12. group 13. lava
Bonus: a. Greece b. flashbulbs
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||vocabulary builder|
|Article Type:||Brief Article|
|Date:||Jan 16, 2006|
|Previous Article:||Invent it!|
|Next Article:||Benjamin Franklin: in search of a better world.|