It's Time For South Florida Residents To Take Out Their Dancin' Shoes Don Their Business, Favorite Charity, Or School T-Shirts And Join In The Debut Of The "Official" Downtown Boca Bop Community Line Dance Friday Evening, October 21st.
BOCA RATON, Fla. -- WHAT: Downtown Boca invites the South Florida community to be part of the celebratory kick-off for the inaugural Meet Me On The Promenade: Downtown Boca -- a two-night, one-day fest to explore Downtown Boca's best -- by participating in the debut of the "Official" Downtown Boca Bop Community Line Dance that has been choreographed by Fred Astaire Dance Studio-Boca Raton to "I Like It" by Enrique Iglesias to promote the new generation Downtown Boca on Friday, October 21, 2011 at 6:00 p.m.
All area residents, businesses (large and small) and their employees, business associations, nonprofit memberships, schools and university student bodies, sports teams and cheerleaders are encouraged to don their organizations' branded t-shirts and come out and show their spirit and support of Downtown Boca by participating in the Official Downtown Boca Bop community line dance. Hundreds are expected to join in the fun and be part of this family-friendly, all-inclusive community opening ceremony in and about Sanborn Square -- at the heart of thePedestrianPromenade -- as together they will dance through the Promenade led by the Fred Astaire Dance Studio instructors and community dance leaders. A $500 prize will be given to the school with the most participation; must have at least 25 students, parents, teachers and supporters wearing their school shirts to be eligible.
WHEN: Friday, October 21, 6-10 p.m. & Saturday October 22, 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
HOW: To learn and practice at home, work or school, Downtown Boca Boppers can take video lessons posted at downtownboca.org, DowntownBoca Facebook, YouTube and www.bocadance.com. An open-to-the-public dress rehearsal for anyone who wants to participate in the Downtown Boca Bop begins at 5:00 p.m. with line-up beginning at 5:30 p.m. and dance to commence at 6:00 p.m. immediately following ribbon-cutting festivities for the new Pedestrian Promenade. Live entertainment and interactive family activities will follow in Sanborn Square. Click here to register groups, businesses, schools, and organizations in advance for premium positions.
WHY: ABOUT "MEET ME ON THE PROMENADE: DOWNTOWN BOCA"
Downtown Boca puts out the celebratory welcome mat and invites residents and visitors to "come early, stay lateOwhere something for everyone awaits" on Friday night and all day and night on Saturday October 21-22, 2011 when the destination debuts its inaugural Meet Me On The Promenade: Downtown Boca, a free and open-to-the-public two night-one day fest featuring the Downtown destination's best.
Meet Me On The Promenade: Downtown Boca celebrates the recent completion the City of Boca Raton and Boca Raton CRA's $5 million enhancement program and new Downtown Boca Pedestrian Promenade that has created a new destination hub at its centrally located Sanborn Square park. The newly reconstructed paved streets and widened sidewalks strengthen the physical and experiential connection and enhance and promote walkability between south and north ends of Downtown Boca. With the strategic installation of new pop-up bollards that can easily be raised to close off the streets around Sanborn Square, the new hub provides yet another great outdoor event locale within Downtown Boca for both private and commercial rentals and community activities.
To share the new "sense of 'walkable' space and place" and showcase the eclectic live-work-play-stay features of Boca's new generation Downtown for all generations, Meet Me On The Promenade event programming is designed for discovering all there is to see and do along the newly paved Downtown Boca Pedestrian Promenade and the areas and businesses that it connects on East Palmetto Park Road, N.E. Second Street, N.E. First Avenue, Boca Raton Road, from Mizner Park to Royal Palm Place.
All hosted by the Boca Raton Resort & Club, Friday night festivities will open at 6:00 p.m. with a ribbon-cutting ceremony to celebrate the launch of the new Pedestrian Promenade followed by the debut of the Official Downtown Boca Bop a community line dance that is being choreographed, produced and led by the award-winning Fred Astaire Dance Studio based in Downtown Boca and feature celebrity dance leaders. An open-to-the-public dress rehearsal for the Downtown Boca Bop begins at 5:00 p.m. with community line-up at 5:30 p.m. Live entertainment to follow Bop features Zumba dancing, performances by Grandview Preparatory School Dance Troupe, and the BulleTt band with family activities in and around Sanborn Square. Gourmet Truck Expo will be curbside.
On Saturday, October 22nd the event kicks-off with the American Cancer Society's 10th Annual Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk that is routed to take the more than 6,000 participants throughout Downtown Boca. Following the ACS Walk on Saturday, event-goers should head to Downtown Boca Welcome Center or one of three Downtown Boca Information Centers at 10 a.m. where they can register to participate in the event's "Sip & Stroll Around Downtown Boca" self-guided discovery tour program that will guide them through Downtown Boca's community's assets: dining, shopping, fashion, culture, family fun, living, and nightlife and all the Meet Me On The Promenade scheduled activities and programming, live entertainment, retail and dining discounts, giveaway offerings, and a Promenade "Dancin' In The Streets" party featuring the Solid Gold Band and demos by Fred Astaire Dance Studio instructors.
The "walk-friendly" event schedule includes:
* Three Entertainment Zones
* Cruz-N-Downtown Boca with more than 150 classic and exotic cars showcased by serious collectors and enthusiasts will span the Promenade; the official show car is the one-of-a-kind 1974 DeTomaso Pantera that was awarded the best in show at the fourth Barrett-Jackson of Palm Beach Cruise on April 2011.
* Boca Raton Concours d'Elegance showcase featuring a 50th Anniversary Shelby Cobra 427, 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible, 1958 Pontiac Bonneville, 1964 Buick Riviera, 1963 Jaguar E Type Race Prepared and 1957 Chevy.
* Family Zone featuring the Office Depot #14 Chevy Impala show car driven by NASCAR Champion Tony Stewart plus plenty of interactive family programming and entertainment by the Boca Raton Children's Museum, bocaparent.com, Junior League of Boca Raton, South Florida Parenting and Sun-Sentinel. Children can climb aboard the pirate ship SS Mae Volen, make their own pirate hat, participate in a cell phone scavenger hunt, Hogwarts' Confiscated Goods as CMN (Children's Museum Network) and Uncle Willy and his gang of young broadcasters conduct "Man on the Street" interviews through Sun Radio. Learn gardening and healthy cooking tips from the Junior League of Boca Raton; register for family volunteerism with Office Depot Foundation's Caring Connection.
* Sports Zone complete with driving range, fitness classes and more.
* Free Segway Tours throughout Downtown Boca
* Art Attack Artists & Crafters Village Art Expo
* Celebrate Art! free afternoon at The Boca Raton Museum of Art.
* ArtScape street painting and other interactive arts programming and entertainment at Mizner Park
* Gallery 22 onsite and online auction in association Red Carpet Auctions
* Inaugural "Picture Downtown Boca" open photography competition with projected exhibition
* Community Corner featuring a collection of the area's meaningful nonprofit and community organizations and services and products from local area businesses.
* Health-Full Community Pavilion showcasing healthy choices, services, products, demos, health checks and screenings by some of the area's leading health and wellness organizations. Boca Raton Regional Hospital's Mammovan on-site from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Blood Centers Of South Florida Blood Mobile with blood drive from 9:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
* Gourmet Truck Expo, featuring more than 20 choices of casual, on-the-go gourmet curbside dining including Crepe Outdoors, Divan Bakery, Giuseppe's Italian Sausage, Kona Ice, Papas Tapas, Big Kahuna, Latin House Grill, Miso Hungry, Churromania, Red Koi and ShaoRoma.
* Boca Raton GreenMarket featuring fresh locally-grown fruits, vegetables and herbs; juices; potted orchids; fresh-cut flowers; assorted plants; baked goods; prepared foods; oils and vinegars; gourmet foods; hydroponic and organic foods; fresh fish, seafood, and pasta; soaps and lotions; and doggie treats.
* Guided and self-walking tours of Historic Downtown Boca
* Food tastings, demos and special Promenade weekend menus
* Trunk shows and informal modeling
* Art gallery showings and exhibitions
* "Chances to Win" opportunities
* Two nighttime "Dancin' In The Streets" parties with live bands are just a few of the offerings
* After Parties at the Dubliner Irish Restaurant & Bar, Biergarten, and Platforms Dance Club.
Participating retailers and restaurants will be extending evening hours. Plenty of free parking and complimentary trolley transportation provided during event hours.
For the schedule of programming, click here.
WHO: Founding sponsors of Meet Me On The Promenade include Premier sponsors: Boca Raton Resort & Club (Friday Night Host), Verizon Wireless Cellular Sales South Florida (Downtown Boca Segway Tours Sponsor), and Office Depot (Small Business Partner); and Gold sponsors: Office Depot Foundation (Family Zone Host), Boca Raton Regional Hospital (Welcome Bag Sponsor), Ram Realty Services (Art Attack Artists & Crafters Village Art Expo Sponsor), Investments Limited/Royal Palm Place (Trolley Sponsor), GGP/Mizner Park (Trolley Sponsor), Penn Florida Companies (Welcome Center Host), Fred Astaire Dance Studio-Boca Raton (Official Downtown Boca Dance Studio and Presenter of the Official Downtown Boca Bop Line Dance), Kaye Communications, Inc. (Programming Development Partner, and A Sip & Stroll Presenting Sponsor), Multi-Image Group (Official AV Sponsor), Boca Raton Museum of Art and South Florida Sunrise (Presenter of "Picture Downtown Boca" Photography Competition).
Community Partners to date include: Greater Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce, Palm Beach County Convention & Visitors Bureau, and American Cancer Society-South Palm Beach Unit. Media sponsors includes but is not limited to Forum Publications and its City Link, South Florida Parenting, and Boca Piquant publications; WRMF Radio; The Sun-Sentinel, Boca Raton Tribune, bocaparent.com, South Florida Sunrise, Coastal Star, Boca Observer, LivingFLA.com, and Bocaraton.com.
Other Programming partners to date include: Cruz-N-America, Boca Raton Children's Museum, Boca Raton Historical Society, Allianz Championship, Junior League of Boca Raton, SOL Children's Theatre Troupe, Jimmy Stowe and the Stowaways, Gallery 22, Peter Blum Family YMCA of Boca Raton, Boca Raton Concours d' Elegance/Boys & Girls Club of Broward County, Habitat For Humanity, Beehive Fitness, Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University, Florida Atlantic University, Rising Stars Gymnastics, Boca Raton Travel & Cruises, Rotary Club of Boca Raton "Future Stars", West Boca High School Jazz Band, SHOWTIME Performing Arts Theatre, Solid Gold Music, and Segway Tours of Delray Beach.
For more about all there is to see and do at Meet Me On The Promenade: Downtown Boca, visit www.downtownboca.org.
Photos Available Upon Request
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Oct 19, 2011|
|Previous Article:||Ligand Enters into Platform Captisol[R] License Agreement with SAGE Therapeutics.|
|Next Article:||CDNetworks Accelerates China and Japan Market Penetration for Jimdo.|