Israel Demolishes Palestinian Homes in East Jerusalem.
'They can build hundreds of settlements but I'm not entitled to live in a shack?' asked Linda al-Rajabi outside the demolished dwelling she shared with her husband and their five children.
Israel's Jerusalem municipality said the home was built without a city permit.
Israel had refrained from implementing demolition orders since November in the politically sensitive Jerusalem area, after U.S. pressure not to take steps that could jeopardize peace talks with the Palestinians.
Earlier on Tuesday, Israel razed two unfinished Palestinian homes and part of a factory in East Jerusalem.
Dozens of armed border police guarded an excavator as it tore apart the foundations of the cement structures in Al- Esawiyah section of East Jerusalem. There was no violence, a police spokesman said.
Palestinian resident Basem Esawi, 48, an unemployed contractor, said one of the structures was his own unfinished home. He built it illegally, he said, spending about $25,000, because he knew the municipality would not give him a permit.
The demolitions were:
- In Al- Esawiyah, demolition of a house under construction of approximately 100 sq.m for Mr. Mohmoud Elisawy, No one is displeased.
- In Al- Esawiyah, demolition of a house 2 Floors which is under construction for Ms. Sabah Abu Rmelah, no one is displeased.
- In Al- Esawiyah, the demolition of a room of approximately 16sq.m, related to Mr. Khalell Dary.
- In Beit Hanina, demolition of a residential house of 65 Sq.m. the demolition displeased 6 people, 4 of them are children.
- In Jabal Al Mukaber/Sal'aa, demolition of a 3 residential rooms of 100 sq.m the demolition displeased 9 people 3 of them are children.
-In Jabal Al Mukaber/Sal'aa, demolition for the second time a house of 80 sq.m for Moussa Mashrah the demolition displeased 6 people
2004 Palestine News & Information Agency (WAFA). All rights reserved.
Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Palestine News Agency (WAFA) (Gaza, Palestine)|
|Date:||Jul 13, 2010|
|Previous Article:||U.S. Consul General Opens American Studies Resource Center at An-Najah University.|
|Next Article:||Turkey Determined to Build Industry Zone in West Bank.|