IoT harsh environment networking.
B&B Electronics' (Ottawa, IL) Wzzard Intelligent Sensing Platform is a wireless sensor connectivity platform for the deployment of scalable, intelligent, reliable Internet of Things (loT) networking in remote and demanding environments. The platform includes:
Intelligent Edge Nodes
* Connection to any standard sensor via a conduit fitting cable gland or M12 connector.
* General-purpose analog inputs, digital input/output, and thermocouple interfaces.
* Integrated internal temperature and accelerometer sensor options.
* The ability to be configured to communicate only data outside specified thresholds, reducing the cost on cellular networks.
SmartMesh IP Technology
* Based on IEEE 802.15.4e, it creates full-mesh networks (mesh-to-the-edge).
* Time diversity, frequency diversity, and physical diversity.
* A messaging protocol created for M2M and loT applications over wireless networks.
* Distribution to single or multiple receivers.
* Low power usage.
* Minimized data packets.
* The Spectre router can connect equipment over wired Ethernet or wireless cellular connections.
* Plug-and-play with remote management, deployment and customization options.
Why Would I Specify?
* Wzzard is designed to help integrators, VARs, and service providers efficiently develop and deploy loT applications.
* The SmartMesh technology is an intelligent mesh network with advanced algorithms and power saving technologies.
* Processed information from the sensor nodes is published through the Spectre Gateway up to the customer's loT application using MQTT transport protocol.