Saturday, May 14
* St. Louis Public Library and Missouri Center for the Book presents science fiction writers discussing their books in "Alternate Worlds: Science Fiction Genre Forum," St. Louis Public Library Schlafly Branch, 225 N. Euclid, 7 p.m. 314-367-4120.
Sunday, May 15
* St. Louis Chamber Chorus presents Poetry in Song: A Whitman Sampler, Grace Episcopal Church, 514 E. Argonne, Kirkwood, 3 p.m. $18/$16. 636-458-4343.
Monday, May 16
* Mim Rivas discusses her book Beautiful Jim Key, St. Louis County Library Headquarters, 1640 S. Lindbergh, 7 p.m. 314-994-3300.
* River Styx presents poets Mary Szybist and Jerry Harp, Duff's Restaurant, 392 N. Euclid, 6:30 p.m. $5/$4. 314-533-4541.
* Mark Svenbold reads from his book Big Weather: Chasing Tornadoes in the Heart of America, Left Bank Books, 399 N. Euclid, 7 p.m. 314-367-6731.
Tuesday, May 17
* Kathleen Finneran discusses her book The Tender Land: A Family Love Story, St. Louis County Library Florissant Valley, 195 N. Florissant, 2 p.m. 314-921-7200.
* Kingshighway Library Book Group discusses The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini, St. Louis Public Library Kingshighway Branch, 2260 S. Vandeventer, 6:45 p.m. 314-771-5450.
* Karen Joy Fowler discusses her writing, St. Louis Public Library Schlafly Branch, 225 N. Euclid, 7 p.m. 314-367-4120.
* Machacek Book Group meets, St. Louis Public Library Machacek Branch, 10 a.m. 314-781-2948.
* Urban Book Group discusses Hustler's Wife by Nikki Turner, St. Louis Public Library Carpenter branch, 7 p.m. 314-772-6586.
Wednesday, May 18
* Richmond Hts. Book Group discusses The News From Paraguay, by Lily Tuck, Richmond Hts. Community Center, 8001 Dale, 7 p.m. 314-645-6202.
* Harper Barnes discusses his book Standing on a Volcano: The Life and Times of David Rowland Francis, St. Louis County Library Florissant Valley, 195 N. Florissant, 2 p.m. 314-921-7200.
* Tom Frank reads from his book What's the Matter With Kansas: How Conservatives Won the Heart of America, Left Bank Books, 399 N. Euclid, 7 p.m. 314-367-6731.
Thursday, May 19
* Authors Carol Weisman and Richard L. Goldblum visit St. Louis Public Library Central, 4 p.m. 314-241-2288.
* Sports writers Tom Wheatley, Bob Forsch and Bing Devine discuss their recent books on baseball, St. Louis County Library Headquarters, 1640 S. Lindbergh, 7 p.m. 314-994-3300.
Saturday, May 21
* Sue Ford speaks on magazine writing and Louise Jackson on public speaking at Society of Children's Book Writers & Illustrators Spring Workshop. For details, visit www.geocities.com/scbwimo.
* Romance Writers of America (MO Chapter) meet, kaffee klatsch with Charlotte Hubbard, author of Devil's Fire, 9:30 a.m.; Wendy Drew on "Effective Marketing: A Bookseller Tells All," Barnes & Noble, 9618 Watson, 11 a.m. www.morwa. org.
* Adult Reader's Club, St. Louis Public Library Julia Davis Branch, 12:30-3:30 p.m. 314-383-3021.
* Storyteller Joanne King tells for Older Americans Month, St. Louis Public Library Cabanne Branch, 2 p.m. 314-367-0717.
* A Year of Hitchcock presents The Wrong Man, St. Louis Public Library Barr Branch, 3:30 p.m. 314-771-7040.
Sunday, May 22
* Contemporary Fiction and Non-Fiction Reading Group discusses Small Things Considered: Why There Is No Perfect Design by Henry Petroski, Washington University's West Campus Library, Moog Lounge, 2-4 p.m. 314-481-0730.
* Elaine Viets discusses her new mystrey, Just Murdered, Barnes & Noble, 8871 Ladue, 2 p.m. 314-862-6280.
* The BookClub discusses The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time, by Mark Haddon, for time and venue: 636-451-3232.
Monday, May 23
* Open Book Club discusses The Piano Teacher, by Lynn York, Barnes & Noble, 8871 Ladue, 7 p.m. 314-862-6280.
* Katie Willard reads from her book Raising Hope, Left Bank Books, 399 N. Euclid, 7 p.m. 314-367-6731.
* !Leamos! Spanish book group discusses La Noche es Virgen, by Jaime Bayley, St. Louis Public Library Carpenter Branch, 7 p.m. 314-772-6586.
* Mystery writer Elaine Viets visits, St. Louis Public Library Machacek Branch, 7 p.m. 314-781-2948.
Tuesday, May 24
* Barr Book Group discusses Betsey Brown, by Ntozake Shange, St. Louis Public Library Barr Branch, 5:30-7 p.m. 314-771-7040.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||St. Louis Journalism Review|
|Date:||May 1, 2005|
|Previous Article:||Salsman Lundgren Public Relations.|
|Next Article:||From the pits of Hell.|