Monday, April 5
* River Styx and Loosely Identified present Breathing Out, a women's poetry project, Duff's, 392 N. Euclid, 7:30 p.m. $5/4. 314-533-4541.
Tuesday, April 6
* The Writing Program at WU presents Poet Laureate Louise Gluck speaking on the craft of poetry, Hurst Lounge, Duncker Hall room 201, WU, 8 p.m. 314-935-7130.
Wednesday, April 7
* Jim Olsen reads from his book Stuart Symington: A Life, LBB, 399 N. Euclid, 7 p.m. 314-367-6731.
Thursday, April 8
* John Dalton reads from his book Heaven Lake, LBB, 399 N. Euclid, 7 p.m. 314-367-6731.
* The Writing Program at WU presents Poet Laureate Louise Gluck reading, Olin Women's Building, 8 p.m. 314-935-7130.
Friday, April 9
* Novelist John Dalton reads, UMSL, Gallery 210, 7 p.m. 314-516-6845.
Saturday, April 10
* Mystery Lovers Book Club meets, SLPL Carondelet branch, 6800 Michigan, 10 a.m. 314-752-9224.
* Sisters in Crime present mystery writer Laurence Block on "How to Write Like a Burglar," Best Western Westport Park Hotel, 2434 Old Dorsett, 12:15 p.m. $12/10. 636-938-7163.
Monday, April 12
* Lisa Tucker reads from her book Shout Down the Moon, LBB, 399 N. Euclid, 7 p.m. 314-367-6731.
Tuesday, April 13
* Susan H. Munger and Charlotte Straub Thomas discuss their book Common to This Country: Botanical Discoveries of Lewis and Clark, SLCL Headquarters, 1640 S. Lindbergh, 1:30 p.m. 314-994-3300.
* David Liss reads from his book A Spectacle of Corruption, LBB, 399 N. Euclid, 7 p.m. 314-367-6731.
* Foreign Literature Book Group discusses Nazarin by B. Perez Galdos, WU West Campus Building, 7:30 p.m. 314-727-6118.
Wednesday, April 14
* WU Assembly Series presents Azar Nafisi discussing her book Reading Lolita in Tehran, Graham Chapel, WU, 11 a.m. 314-935-5285.
Thursday, April 15
* Prose writer Eleanor Sullivan & poet David D. Horowitz read from their work, U City Library, 6701 Delmar, 7 p.m. 314-727-3150.
* Kevin Phillips reads from his book American Dynasty: Aristocracy, Fortune and the Politics of Deceit in the House of Bush, LBB, 399 N. Euclid; 7 p.m. 314-367-6731.
* The Writing Program at WU presents Joy Williams on fiction, Hurst Lounge, Duncker Hall room 201, WU, 8 p.m. 314-935-7130.
* U. City Great Books Discussion Group discusses The Emperor Jones by Eugene O'Neill, Youth Lounge, Trinity Presbyterian Church, 6800 Washington Ave., 8-10 p.m. 314-994-7914.
Friday, April 16
* Poet Jason Sommer reads from his book The Man Who Sleeps in My Office, Fontbonne U. Library, 6800 Wydown, 7 p.m. 314-889-4555.
Saturday, April 17
* Romance Writers of America presents "A Crime Panel to Die For," with area Police and Forensic experts, B&N, 9618 Watson, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. $15 visitors. 314-839-0635.
* Poet Gwendolyn Pounds reads from her book Ode to The Black Man: History in Poetry, SLPL Walnut Park branch, 5760 W. Florissant, 1-2 p.m. 314-383-1210.
* Mystery writer Lindsey Davis appears, SLPL, Schlafly branch, 225 N. Euclid, 2 p.m. 314-367-4120.
* Karla Jackson reads from her book A Lesson in Time, SLPL Cabanne branch, 1106 Union, 2 p.m. 314-367-0717.
Monday, April 19
* Sisters Nineties Literary Group presents a reading by young and adult poets for National Poetry Month, SLPL, Schlafly branch, 225 N. Euclid, 6 p.m., 314-367-4120.
* Jean Carnahan reads from her book Don't Let the Fire Go Out, LBB, 399 N. Euclid, 7 p.m. 314-367-6731.
* River Styx presents poets Joy Katz and Devin Johnstone reading their work, Duff's, 392 N. Euclid, 7:30 p.m. $5/$4. 314-889-4549.
* WU's Center for the Humanities presents Qiu Xiaolong reading from his books When Red is Black and Poems From the Tang Dynasty, Room 204, Anheuser-Busch Hall, WU, 8 p.m. 314-935-5576.
Tuesday, April 20
* WU's Center for the Humanities presents Qiu Xiaolong discussing his work, McMillan Cafe (Room 115), McMillan Hall, WU, 4 p.m. 314-935-5576.
* Kingshighway Book Group discusses Mississippi Solo by Eddy Harris, SLPL Kingshighway Branch, 2260 S. Vandeventer, 6:45 p.m. 314-771-5450.
* Bridget Bufford reads from her book Minus One: A Twelve Step Journey, LBB, 399 N. Euclid, 7 p.m. 314-367-6731.
* SIUE Arts & Issues series presents Norman Mailer reading from his work, SIUE, Meridian Hall, 7 p.m. $9/$4.50. 618-650-2626.
Wednesday, April 21
* Ridley Pearson reads from his book The Body of David Hays, LBB, 399 N. Euclid, 7 p.m. 314-367-6731.
* Richmond Heights Memorial Library Book Group discusses Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Sijie Dai, Richmond Hts. Community Center, 7 p.m. 314-645-6202.
* Eleanor Sullivan discusses "Becoming an Author" and her new mystery, Deadly Division, SLPL Buder branch, 4401 Hampton, 7 p.m. 314-352-2900.
Thursday, April 22
* Ann Liberman discusses her book Governors' Mansions of the Midwest, SLPL, Schlafly Branch, 225 N. Euclid, 7 p.m. 314-367-4120.
* Schlafly Book Group discusses The Liar's Club by Mary Karr, SLPL, Schlafly Branch, 225 N. Euclid, 7 p.m. 314-367-4120.
* Diane Rademacher discusses her book Still Shining! Discovering Lost Treasures from the 1904 St. Louis World's Fair, SLCL Weber Road branch, 444 Weber, 7 p.m. 314-638-2210.
* Pam Vacarro discusses her book Beyond the Ice Cream Cone: the Whole Scoop on Food at the 1904 World's Fair, SLPL Buder branch, 4401 Hampton, 7 p.m. 314-352-2900.
Saturday, April 24
* Saturday, Writers presents Ridley Pearson on "How to Build a Thriller from the Bottom Up," Cultural Arts Center, 400 Civic Park, O'Fallon, 11 a.m. $5 non-members. 636-379-9362.
* David Steward reads from his book Doing Business by the Good Book, SLPL, Schlafly Branch, 225 N. Euclid, 2 p.m. 314-367-4120.
Sunday, April 25
* Contemporary Fiction and Non-Fiction Reading Group discusses The Future of Freedom: Illiberal Democracy at Home and Abroad by Fareed Zakaria, WU's West Campus Library, Moog Lounge, 2-4 p.m. 314-481-0730.
Monday, April 26
* Poet Richard Newman reads from his new book Tastes Like Chicken and Other Meditations, Great Grizzly Bear, 1027 Geyer, 7:30 p.m. 314-533-4541.
* UMSL MFA students read their fiction and poetry, Duff's Restaurant, 392 N. Euclid, 7:30 p.m. 314-516-6845.
* St. Louis Poetry Center celebrates National Poetry Month with readings by local poets, LBB, 399 N. Euclid, 7 p.m. 314-367-6731.
* The Writing Program at WU presents MFA Writing students reading their work, Hurst Lounge, Duncker Hall room 201, WU, 8 p.m. Also on Tuesday (27th) and Wednesday (28th).
Tuesday, April 27
* Patricia Gaffney reads from her book The Goodbye Summer, LBB 399 N. Euclid, 7 p.m. 314-367-6731.
Thursday, April 29
* Genesis House Poetry Cafe presents poet William Sovern and friends reading, 6018 Delmar, 7:30 p.m. 636-225-5423.
* Alliance Francaise Book Club discusses Montaillou by Emmanuel LeRoy Ladure, in French, 8505 Delmar Ste. G, 7:30 p.m. 314-432-0734.
Friday, April 30
* Underwood Poets present Saskia Hamilton and Stephanie Schlaifer reading their work, Gallery Urbis Orbis, 419 N. 10th, 7 p.m. 314-725-6927.
* U. City Great Books Discussion Group discusses The Man That Corrupted Hadleyberg by Mark Twain, Youth Lounge, Trinity Presbyterian Church, 6800 Washington Ave., 8-10 p.m. 314-994-7914.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||St. Louis Journalism Review|
|Date:||Apr 1, 2004|
|Previous Article:||Edward R. Murrow local award winners.|
|Next Article:||History-making coverage.|
|Calendar sales raised how much?|
|Washington University literary calendar.|