SMP Sintermetalle Prometheus (SMP) (Munich, Germany) now offers chokes for inverters in photovoltaic systems. The new low-loss chokes meet the requirement for solar power inverters. Features include:
* An encapsulated design that ensures that the power converters emit only low-intensity stray fields.
* Inductive components for frequencies up to 200 kHz, current up to 1,000 A.
* Construction either as single-conductor chokes, single-phase individual chokes, 3-phase choke modules or LC filters.
* RoHS- and REACH-compliance, UL-listed.
Why Would I Specify?
* The inductive components feature low losses, low stray fields and a compact design, which increases the choke's energy' efficiency.
* The core materials are made of powder composites with low magnetostriction that have been purpose-designed specifically for photovoltaic systems.
* Usability in wind turbines, railway engineering, drives, power electronics, power generation and instrumentation and control.