International association developmental baby massage.
To show and teach to parents and carers invaluable techniques for family health Key principles of underpinning neuroscience, psychodynamic and child development empowering parents to form a positive relationship with their baby and secure their baby's development.
This two-day certificated course includes;
1) Holding Reassurance Programme
Birth to eight weeks
a) Secure Attachment
b) Observe babies cues in communication
c) Identify and offer techniques in remedial touch to relieve intra- uterine and birth trauma
d) Introduce holding positions, stroking and gentle stretching prior to any massage to relieve physiological flexion and abdominal tension and reduce the occurrence of 'periodic breathing'.
2) Developmental Baby Massage Eight Weeks to Standing
The Correct Use of Baby Massage to:
1) Develop circulatory and breathing rythms
2) Reduce the occurance of 'plagiocephaly'
3) An easy introduction to 'tummy time'.
4) Develop muscle strength and joint flexibility
5) Relieve some common infant ailments
6) Common sense anatomy and physiology relative to early infant motor and emotional development
7) Elementary motor delay and correction
8) Usage of the correct oils from birth
9) Easy to learn massage sequences including singing, kissing, talking and play. A quality and enjoyable time for both parent and child.
10) 'Making friends with Gravity' the correct way to teach sitting and standing
3) High quality resource: Peter Walker's DVD 'Developmental Baby Massage' and international best selling book 'Developmental Baby Massage' hard back copy with full set of course notes for all students.
'My staff and I have thoroughly enjoyed the training over the last two days. We are really eager to put it in to practice with the families we work with'
'Thanks again for an inspiring two days'
'My working practice within the NHS is using The Solihull Approach; I strongly believe that Developmental Baby Massage complements this approach'
For all 'In-house' course bookings throughout the UK and abroad: Email email@example.com
Next London Course 20th/21stOctober 2012 at Viveka St Johns Wood NW8 6EA
All courses given by Peter Walker author and film maker.
The leading international trainer for Developmental Baby Massage with over 35 years of group teaching experience
Accreditation & Insurance
Independent Professional Therapists International and others Quarterly 'news bulletin'
Post Course support for all teachers www.babymassageteachertraining.com
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Sep 1, 2012|
|Previous Article:||Independent pay review body? Maybe next year ...|
|Next Article:||Learn baby massage with the international association of infant massage.|