Tadiran Batteries (Lake Success, NY) recently developed the Rapid Response TRR Series (TL-79XX & TL-89XX), a new family of lithium thionyl chloride batteries capable of delivering high capacity and high energy density without voltage or power delay. Features include:
* The ability to handle higher current pulses, reducing the size of capacitors, or eliminating the need for capacitors in certain applications.
* Faster discharge, which allows significantly quicker life-time testing.
* Low self-discharge enables an operating life of more than 20 years.
* Increased operating life up to 15% (in certain conditions).
* Ideal use at temperatures from -55 [degrees] to 85 [degrees] C.
Why Would I Specify?
* The TRR Series is the first commercially available lithium thionyl chloride (LiSOCl2) battery capable of eliminating passivation effects that can hinder battery performance.
* The batteries virtually eliminate voltage drop as well as voltage drop under pulse (or transient min voltage level). The final result is zero delay during the voltage response.
* The TRR Series utilizes available capacity more efficiently, especially in extremely hot or cold temperatures.