Innovative International Multi-purpose Vehicle IMV Series Vehicle Cumulative Global Production and Sales crosses record 5 million units.
Toyota initiated the IMV project to create an optimized global manufacturing and supply system for pick-up truck, minivan, and SUV to cater to the market demand in more than 140 countries and regions worldwide.
Under the IMV project Toyota manufactures diesel engines in Thailand, gasoline engines in Indonesia and manual transmissions in India and the Philippines. These are supplied to the countries manufacturing vehicles on the IMV platform.
The IMV series vehicles are manufactured in 11 locations across the globe. For vehicle assembly, Toyota will use plants in Thailand, Indonesia, Argentina and South Africa. These are four main IMV production bases that also export IMV vehicles.
Hilux, Innova and Fortuner are the vehicles manufactured on the IMV platform are Innova and Fortuner are the two models from the IMV series that are manufactured in India.
Commenting on the IMV vehicles in India Mr. Hiroshi Nakagawa, Managing Director, Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) said "We are very happy to have touched the record 5million mark in global production and sales of the IMV series vehicles. India is one of the leading IMV countries and has played an important role in the success of the IMV project. This underlines the faith that Indian customers have placed in the Innova and Fortuner through the years, that has translated into its success in India.
"The Innova and Fortuner like all IMV series vehicles are designed to provide unprecedented satisfaction in terms of comfort, styling, handling, safety, fuel economy, and environmental sensitivity. The New Innova and New Fortuner have been very well received. The Innova and Fortuner are very successful models in India. Innova achieved cumulative sales of around 3, 28,000 units since its launch in 2005 and Fortuner around 30,000 units since its launch in 2009 added Mr. Sandeep Singh, Deputy Managing Director - Marketing, TKM .
Awards won by Innova and Fortuner in India
Sr. No. Year Publication Award
1. 2005,Business Standard Motoring Awards,Best MUV
2. 2006,Business Standard Motoring Awards,MPV of the year
3. 2006,NDTV Profit Car & Bike India Awards 2006,Best MPV of the year
4. 2006,CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE AWARDS,UV of the year
5. 2010,Auto Bild India:The Golden Steering Wheel awards, Consumer favorite Large Family Car 2010
Sr. No. Year Publication Award
1. 2009 ET ZigWheels Car and Bike of the Year Award SUV Of the Year
2. 2010 Auto Bild India: The Golden Steering Wheel awards Consumer favorite Enthusiast focused Car 2010
3. 2010 Auto Bild India: The Golden Steering Wheel awards Consumer favorite Off Road 2010
4. 2010 Autocar India Awards SUV of the year & Viewers choice award car
5. 2010 CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE AWARDS SUV of the year
Visit http://www.toyotabharat.com for details
For any query with respect to this article or any other content requirement, please contact Editor at email@example.com
Copyright HT Media Ltd.
Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Apr 9, 2012|
|Previous Article:||E-commerce Order Management mechanism now in Impel CRM.|
|Next Article:||Dish TV offers HD customers to watch IPL free.|