Printer Friendly

Injured woman 'returned to blaze'.

A WOMAN taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation following a tumble dryer fire may have tried to fight the flames.

Fire chiefs say she may have left the building - but gone back inside.

Firefighters from Denbigh and St Asaph were called to the property at Cysgod Y Graig, Denbigh at 5.13pm on Sunday.

North Wales fire and rescue service said that the occupant "appears to have attempted to re-enter the property to fight the fire, and had to be transferred to hospital for treatment for smoke inhalation."

The fire is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault in a tumble dryer.

Gwyn Jones, Community Safety Manager for Denbighshire and Conwy, urged occupants to leave blazing properties and stay outside. He said: "It is extremely important to get out of the property as quickly as possible and not return into a dangerous area for any reason.

"Smoke alarms give an early warning signal which allows everyone to evacuate the building as soon as possible. Smoke can be extremely toxic and just a few breaths can be lethal - going back in to save possessions or pets is just not worth the risk."

Fire safety officials also ask occupants to take a few steps to ensure that they use their ? Never overload the tumble dryer.

. ? Never leave it on whilst you are in bed or go out. ? Do not set the programme too long.

. ? Clean the filters regularly.

Mr Jones said these measures reduce fire risks but also advised people to get a smoke alarm.
COPYRIGHT 2012 MGN Ltd.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2012 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Daily Post (Conwy, Wales)
Date:Oct 23, 2012
Words:256
Previous Article:Anzhi clash is tricky for boss.
Next Article:Burglar chase took toll on feet; weird WORLD.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2021 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters