Injectable bone graft replacement.
DePuy Spine, Inc. introduces the HEALOS[R] Fx Injectable Bone Graft Replacement, a bone graft solution designed specifically for minimally invasive spine surgery. HEALOS Fx is a moldable, injectable version of HEALOS[R] Bone Graft Replacement, which is the company's osteoconductive and osteogenic (when combined with bone marrowaspirate) bone graft substitute, shown to achieve fusion rates equivalent to autograft in peer-reviewed, published human clinical studies. This new solution offers:
* Ready-to-use fibrous material that can be molded for open applications or injected via cannulas of differing lengths to reach difficult implantation sites in minimally invasive or small void surgical environments.
* A cohesive consistency when saturated with the patient's bone marrow providing both a continuous scaffold for bone formation and the osteoprogenitor cells needed to initiate new bone growth.
* The ability for the material to be resorbed and remodeled into new bone as part of the healing process.
* A design using proprietary DePuy Spine nanotechnology which promotes osteoprogenitor cell attachment and maturation.
* A self-contained mixing and delivery device that allows for a smooth, simple mixing motion to create a uniform graft material in less than one minute.
* The ability to be used, when combined with autogenous bone marrow, in filling bony voids or gaps of the skeletal system (i.e., the extremities, spine and pelvis) that are not intrinsic to the stability of the bony structure.
Write in 206