Printer Friendly

Infant boy rushed to hospital with NAIL CLIPPER lodged in his stomach after swallowing it in front of mum; The 16-month-tot snatched the grooming tool from his mum and then placed it in his mouth so she could not get it back from him.

Byline: Jamie Bullen

An infant boy was rushed to hospital after swallowing a pair of NAIL CLIPPERS in front of his horrified mum.

The 16-month-tot snatched the grooming tool from his mum and then placed it in his mouth so she could not get it back from him.

As the woman struggled to get the clippers back from him, the boy named Guo Hongbo, from Changchun, capital of Jilin Province in north-eastern China, swallowed it whole.

His stunned parents rushed him to the Changchun Children's Hospital.

Fiancee pays heartbreaking tribute to 'amazing father' missing for almost two months after body is found on island

Doctor Bian Peng, who treated Guo's case as a top priority, did a torso scan which revealed the nail clippers inside his stomach by lighting it up brightly.

"It takes about four to six hours for anything you ingest to pass through your stomach and small intestine," Doctor Bian said.

"Since the child's parents arrived in about 30 minutes, we knew the nail clippers would still be in his stomach," he added.

Footage from the operating theatre shows the young patient undergoing an endoscopy, with Doctor Bian finding and retrieving the nail clippers using a pair of raptor forceps.

"Sit you animal": Iran's religious police confront woman with headscarf loosely wrapped around her head

The procedure took just 25 minutes, the medic said.

"Endoscopies are painless, and the patient won't need a hospital stay or any recovery period," the doctor said.

Doctor Bian noted that the nail clippers could have cut the boy's intestines, which would have been very dangerous for the child.

CAPTION(S):

Credit: AsiaWire

The boy with his dad in hospital

Credit: AsiaWire

The boy swallowed a pair of nail clippers

Credit: AsiaWire

A scan showing the nail clippers in the boy's stomach

Credit: AsiaWire

The clippers were found during the endoscopy

Credit: AsiaWire

The nail clippers retrieved during the surgery

COPYRIGHT 2018 MGN Ltd.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2018 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Title Annotation:News,World news
Publication:Daily Mirror (London, England)
Date:Apr 21, 2018
Words:318
Previous Article:Kell Brook vows to destroy Amir Khan after British rival makes triumphant return to ring by knocking out Phil Lo Greco; The British rivals have long...
Next Article:Parents to be given guidelines on how long children should spend online; The Health Secretary has sent an angry letter to social media giants, such...

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters