Printer Friendly

Industry Expert Advises to Clean Dryer Vents to Prevent Fire.

New Berlin, WI, April 11, 2015 --(PR.com)-- Cleaning dryer vents can save you: time, money, and possibly lives. According to the National Fire Protection Agency, 18,000 structure fires a year in the U.S. are caused by clogged or blocked dryer vents. Also attributed to dryer vent fires: dozens of deaths, hundreds of injuries and one-hundred million dollars in property loss.

“We're coming upon warmer weather; it's the perfect time of year to clean your dryer vents.” -Ryan Gumieny, VP of Flat Rate Home Services

Roughly 60% of lint and debris from your dryer is caught in your lint trap (the trap on top of your dryer that you empty between loads of laundry). The other 40% is exhausted through your dryer vent system. The majority of your dryer vent system is not visible; it's in your wall, floor, or attic. As you know, out of sight can mean out of mind. But, forgetting to maintain and clean dryer vents can lead to higher energy costs, damage to your dryer, or worse - a fire.

“Dryer vent fires are 100% preventable. Having your vents cleaned at least once a year will greatly reduce the risk of fire in your home,” added Ryan.

Since 1989, our goal has always been to become the premier home services provider. Our years of experience serving the entire Southeastern Wisconsin area, have made us the trusted plumbing, heating, and air conditioning professionals.

For more information or to schedule an interview with Flat Rate Home Services, please contact Shannon Roeglin of Debra Lopez Public Relations at 414-315-1881.

Contact Information:

Debra Lopez Public Relations

Shannon Roeglin

414-315-1881

Contact via Email

www.flatratehomeservices.com

www.debralopezpublicrelations.com

Read the full story here: http://www.pr.com/press-release/614399

COPYRIGHT 2015 PR.com
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2015 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:PR.com (Press Releases)
Date:Apr 11, 2015
Words:295
Previous Article:PECB International Signs a Partnership Agreement with SecqureOne Inc..
Next Article:Chicago Annual Business Aviation Safety Stand Down, April 23, 2015.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2020 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters