India girl dies as mobile phone explodes.
Summary: The body has been sent for postmortem and police have initiated investigation into the matter.
An 18-year-old girl died after her mobile phone exploded while she was talking on it, causing her serious burn injuries on chest, hand, and leg. The shocking incident took place in Kheriakani village in Odisha's Jharsuguda district in India on Friday and sources revealed that the girl Uma Oram had plugged her phone for charging while she was talking.
According to sources quoted in New Indian Express, the phone's battery was very low and Oram put it for charging to continue her conversation with a relative. Suddenly, the mobile battery exploded with a high sound causing her severe injuries. Oram was rushed to the District Headquarters Hospital in an unconscious state but was declared brought dead by the doctors
Her brother Durga Prasad Oram said, "The cell phone of Nokia 3110 model was put on charging when Uma started talking to a relative. Its battery exploded suddenly. Before we could know what exactly happened, Uma fell unconscious. She was declared dead at the hospital." Oram's family members and locals have demanded compensation from the mobile manufacturing company.
Whilethe body has been sent for postmortem and police have initiated investigation into the matter.
Copyright [c] 2018 Khaleej Times. All Rights Reserved. Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. ( Syndigate.info ).
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Khaleej Times (Dubai, United Arab Emirates)|
|Date:||Mar 20, 2018|
|Previous Article:||Video: Firefighters battle huge fire at cafe in RAK.|
|Next Article:||Ajman is offering free parking today. Here's why.|