Printer Friendly

Ican Minerals Ltd. - Almaden Gold project update.

CALGARY, Alberta--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 27, 1995--ALMADEN GOLD PROJECT - IDAHO - Almaden Gold Inc., our joint venture partner and operator has received the first two weeks' results from 9 long term column leach tests.

Studies of all prior metallurgical data have shown that about 30% of the gold is encapsulated by silica and cannot be recovered. The long term leach tests are designed to determine how much of the remaining 70% of the gold will be recovered under actual heap leach conditions where the ore is leached for several years. The tests will be run for a 3 to 4 month period.

After two weeks of leach, 35% of the total gold or 50% of the accessible gold has already been recovered. Results of the recovery after 1 month of leach will be available next week.

Almaden Gold Inc. personnel are currently at the Almaden Mine taking samples for additional leach tests to assess the three new areas of extensive gold mineralization, discovered by Ican in 1994, for a future drilling program.

RACEY - PORPHYRY GOLD PROSPECT - OREGON - Drill cuttings from all holes in the centre of the porphyry system have been re-examined in preparation for our deep drilling program to test for higher grade (0.050 oz. Au/t) potassic altered porphyry at depth.

One area, where gold mineralization was encountered in an apparently flat lying horizon rather than in the normal steep structures, shows increasing potassic alteration with depth. Other targets are the roots of two higher grade potassic vent breccias.

The start of the drilling has been delayed due to the availability of a diamond-drilling rig, but the program is expected to commence in November.

This news release was prepared by the Board of Directors of the Company and the Board accepts the responsibility as to its accuracy. The Toronto Stock Exchange has neither approved nor disapproved the information contained herein.

CONTACT: Almaden Gold Project, Calgary

Guenter Liedtke or Archie Nesbitt, 403/232-6829

403/232-6463 (FAX)
COPYRIGHT 1995 Business Wire
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 1995, Gale Group. All rights reserved. Gale Group is a Thomson Corporation Company.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Business Wire
Date:Oct 27, 1995
Words:327
Previous Article:Elk Point Acquires Natural Gas Assets.
Next Article:InterVoice plans regional meetings.
Topics:


Related Articles
Ican Minerals Ltd. announces joint development of Almaden Gold deposit; deep drilling at Racey Porphyry gold deposit.
ICAN Minerals Ltd. -- final feasibility proceeding -- Almaden gold project - Idaho.
Eldorado Corporation - Construction Begins at La Trinidad Gold Project.
Ican Minerals Ltd. reports significant upgrading of gold recoveries from bulk metallurgical tests at the Almaden Project, Idaho.
Ican Minerals - Racey Porphyry Gold Deposit, Oregon.
X-Cal Resources Seven Million Ounce Inventory; Eleven Million Ounce System.
Cambior Files Mineral Reserves Report Regarding the Gross Rosebel Gold Property.
Alamos and National Sign Joint Venture Agreement.
Going for gold.
Cumberland Submits Final Environmental Impact Study for Meadowbank Gold Project.

Terms of use | Copyright © 2017 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters