ISWonline Launches New Look, More Features.
Visitors who came to iswonline on March 16 were among the first to see the Web site's contemporary new look and content organization. The home page incorporates a new menu bar that more concisely summarizes links to iswonline's numerous features, These include:
* Red Book Online, a searchable database encompassing more than 700 categories of woodworking equipment, supplies and services offered by companies. A new and improved Red Book Online will be introduced later this spring.
* Portal, an online directory of more than 2,000 woodworking industry Web sites, with dozens more being added every month.
* Wood & Wood Products articles, including archived features dating back to September 1996. One of the newest additions to W&WP's online content is the magazine's popular Wood of the Month column.
* Custom Woodworking Business articles, drawn both from the most current issue and archived features.
The ISW Virtual Trade Show, information about the latest products from leading manufacturers and distributors of equipment and supplies.
* Coming Events, the woodworking industry's most comprehensive calendar of trade shows, seminars and association meetings.
"Over the four-and-a-half years of its existence, the number of current features and archived content on iswonline has expanded dramatically," said Rich Christianson, editorial director of the Industrial Division. "One of our biggest goals with this redesign was to bring a logical sense of order to the site so that it is easier for visitors to find the information they are looking for. The new keyword search engine represents another major improvement."
Harry Urban, vice president and publishing director, said the site's regular visitors should find iswonline.com even more helpful. "Right now content is king on the Internet and iswonline is the leader in online professional woodworking information. Our site contains a wealth of searchable data, links and daily news updates. We're averaging more than 2,000 visitors a day. And our brand new e-mail newsletter is sent to more than 20,000 woodworkers twice a month."
The Web site's new look and organization was introduced on March 16. Potomac Digitek performed the redesign, under the direction of the iswonline Web Technology Committee.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||industrial strength woodworking|
|Publication:||Wood & Wood Products|
|Article Type:||Brief Article|
|Date:||Apr 1, 2001|
|Previous Article:||Bush Signs Resolution to Repeal OSHA Ergonomics Rule.|
|Next Article:||Sign Up for ISWonline Update.|