Printer Friendly

IONICS TO ACQUIRE 62 PERCENT OF EAU ET INDUSTRIE

 IONICS TO ACQUIRE 62 PERCENT OF EAU ET INDUSTRIE
 WATERTOWN, Mass., Oct 22 /PRNewswire/ -- Ionics Incorported


(NYSE: ION) announced today that it had entered into an agreement to acquire a 62 percent interest in Eau et Industrie, a French water purification company. Ionics will also receive rights to acquire the remaining 38 percent of ownership in the company. Eau et Industrie, based in Paris, specializes in providing ultrapure water systems to the pharmaceutical and electronics industries and has annual revenues of approximately $3.5 million. Terms of the purchase were not disclosed.
 Commenting on the transaction, Arthur L. Goldstein, Ionics' chairman and chief executive officer, noted that "the association with Eau et Industrie would complement much of Ionics' existing activities in the water treatment field by providing a European based ion-exchange regeneration service, providing outlets in France for Ionics' existing products and providing access to new customers. We look forward to becoming more involved in the French water purification market."
 Ionics is a separations technology company involved worldwide in the manufacture and sale of membranes and related equipment for the purification of water, in the supply of purified water and water treatment chemicals and in the sale of bottled water and home water purifiers.
 -0- 10/22/92
 /CONTACT: A.T. Coughlin or T.G. Papastavros of Ionics, 617-926-2500/
 (ION) CO: Ionics Incorporated ST: Massachusetts IN: SU: TNM


TM -- NE003 -- 3418 10/22/92 10:16 EDT
COPYRIGHT 1992 PR Newswire Association LLC
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 1992 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:PR Newswire
Date:Oct 22, 1992
Words:237
Previous Article:UNITED DOMINION REALTY ANNOUNCES THIRD QUARTER 1992 RESULTS UP SLIGHTLY
Next Article:FSI INTERNATIONAL ANNOUNCES FOURTH-QUARTER GAINS, STRONG INCREASE IN BACKLOG
Topics:


Related Articles
IONICS REPORTS RECORD SECOND QUARTER AND FIRST HALF RESULTS
IONICS REPORTS RECORD 1992 RESULTS FOR YEAR AND FOURTH QUARTER
IONICS AGREES TO PURCHASE NOTE AND PREFERRED STOCK OF AQUA COOL ENTERPRISES, INC. FOR $8.25 MILLION
IONICS AGREES TO ACQUIRE RESOURCES CONSERVATION COMPANY
IONICS ACQUIRES APOLLO ULTRAPURE WATER SYSTEMS, INC.
IONICS ACQUIRES AQUA DESIGN
/C O R R E C T I O N -- IONICS/(Correction Notice)
IONICS SIGNS AGREEMENT TO ACQUIRE SIEVERS INSTRUMENTS
Ionics Acquires Majority Interest in Enersave Engineering Systems
Ionics Acquires Watertec

Terms of use | Copyright © 2017 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters