INSIGHT INTRODUCES "SMARTBOARD 2000" CLIPBOARD EXTENDER.
The standard Windows Clipboard can only retain a single item at a time. As soon as a second item is copied to the Clipboard the first item is lost. That is no longer true with SmartBoard running. SmartBoard retains multiple "Clip Items", even across a Windows restart, and allows simple pasting back of any item into any application.
"With its unique Paste-Anyplace technology, we are confident that users will find SmartBoard 2000 the most highly integrated Windows clipboard extender available," said Michael D. Jones, president of Insight Software Solutions, Inc. "A single key-combination or mouse click combination allows users to paste material directly into virtually any application, using a pop up menu."
The Paste-Anyplace(tm) popup menu can appear on top of the application currently in use, giving instant access to all captured (and manually created) clip-items in a menu structured with categories and subcategories.
Hold down the left mouse button and click and release the right mouse button to activate the popup menu. Select the item and it pastes straight into the application. No need to switch back and forth between applications and a clipboard extender like other products.
SmartBoard has numerous features and uses that will appeal to a broad range of users.
* Capture multiple items copied to the clipboard, and access them even across a restart of Windows.
* Paste items back without even needing to switch away from the application being used.
* Capture any format that is copied to the clipboard, including the standard ones such as Text, Bitmaps, Metafiles; and the more obscure formats used by some applications.
* Assign nicknames to items for easy recognition.
* Password protect sensitive items. Ideal for storing Web site User ID's and passwords, credit card numbers and similar. Users must specify the category password before the item will paste.
* Configure SmartBoard to only capture certain formats from applications, or restrict capturing to items below a specified size.
* Define rules to automatically include or exclude items based on content, assign them to specific categories, or request nicknames.
* Reformat text items to remove line-breaks, change case, etc.
* Search for items.
* Edit captured items
* Create "Template Items" with variable fields that can either be updated automatically (dates/times etc.) or by the user specifying the required replacement data via a dialog box at paste time.
* Plug-ins provided to support the RIFF Wave format (for copying sounds), the RTF format (used by Word Processors) and the "File-List-Handle" format (integral to the Win95/98/NT explorer).
SmartBoard 2000 is a 32bit program suitable for use with Windows 95/98/NT. Fully functional evaluation copies are available for download from the SmartBoard web site at www.sb2k.com.
Pricing is $24.95 plus $3.00 shipping and handling in the USA. Multi-copy site license discounts available. The product may be obtained directly from Insight Software Solutions, Inc., P.O. Box 354, Bountiful, UT 84011-0354, USA, Tel: (801)295-1890, Fax: (801) 299-1781.
Founded in 1990, Insight Software Solutions, Inc. is a producer of high quality, user-friendly software packages, including financial, educational, utility and home/office/hobby software. Insight Software Solutions, Inc. also publishes many of the fine products of Oakley Data Services based in the UK.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Comment:||INSIGHT INTRODUCES "SMARTBOARD 2000" CLIPBOARD EXTENDER.|
|Publication:||GUI Program News|
|Date:||Sep 1, 1999|
|Previous Article:||VULCANSOFT INTRODUCES PIM WITH INTERNET LINKS.|
|Next Article:||ORGANIZE AND PRINT YOUR FONTS WITH PRINTER'S APPRENTICE 7.10.|