Printer Friendly

Articles from IFR (June 1, 2010)

1-17 out of 17 article(s)
Title Author Type Words
Big city arrivals: about 80 percent of U.S. airports are non-towered, but lurking among the remaining 20 percent are some big airport traps. Here's how to avoid 'em. Ewing, John 1489
Boeing 777 and a Cessna 182 pass within 300 feet over San Francisco. Brief article 110
Declaring the big "E"; when the excrement hits the oscillator, ATC is your best friend. How con you help them to help you? start with "Mayday," and then ask for exactly what you need. Kramer, Tarrance 1788
Don't Ditch the ADF yet. Brief article 222
EPA advances 100LL rulemaking process. Brief article 106
Flying by vertical angles: unless you fly military hardware or something you built from a kit, it's unlikely you fly referencing angles. But there are things angles can do better than anything else. Fries, Ian Blair 1839
Less IFR with age. Letter to the editor 354
Notams. 218
On the air. 657
One of two WAAS satellites floats over the event horizon. Brief article 109
Say a bit more next time. Letter to the editor 379
Things we're forced to do. Van West, Jeff 618
Too high on a missed: there are plenty of reasons to start your missed approach long before you hit the missed approach point But the question is: What then? Van West, Jeff 849
Using proficiency sims: in the IFR regime, losing your proficiency can be the first step toward losing your life. Fire up your desktop computer to chink the leaks in your procedures and scan. 1762
VFR is cheaper. Sih, Phil Letter to the editor 149
VOR survival tricks: VOR tips in the 21st century? yes, as a matter of fact. Sometimes the old ways are just what you need when you least expect it. Van West, Jeff 1244
You can't Get this stuff anywhere else. 560

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2021 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters |