Printer Friendly

IDB COMMUNICATIONS REPORTS MARCH INCREASES IN INTERNATIONAL LONG DISTANCE MINUTES

 LOS ANGELES, Calif., April 15 /PRNewswire/ -- IDB Communications Group Inc. (NASDAQ: IDBX) today reported strong sequential and annual outbound minute growth during March in its international public-switched long distance telephone unit, IDB WORLDCOM.
 "Our public-switched long distance telephone business continues to grow quite rapidly," stated Edward R. Cheramy, IDB president. "For March 1993, IDB WORLDCOM posted an annualized run-rate of 97.2 million minutes of international outbound traffic, up 189 percent, compared with the 33.6 million minutes recorded during March 1992. Sequentially, outbound minutes in March 1993, grew 14 percent over the 85.2 million minute run-rate recorded in February 1993.
 "Of this increase in long distance traffic, roughly 15 percent of the minutes are currently going into Moscow and the Commonwealth of Independent States, while the remaining 85 percent are calls going into over 100 countries including the United Kingdom, Japan, Argentina, France, Hong Kong and the Dominican Republic," added Cheramy.
 IDB Communications Group Inc. operates a domestic and international communications network which provides its customers with radio and television transmission services, international private-line and public-switched long distance telephone service, facsimile and data connections and mobile satellite communications capabilities.
 -0- 4/15/93
 /CONTACT: Steve Carroll of IDB WORLDCOM, 212-607-2030; or Ken Dennard, 415-296-7383, or Miriam Adler, 212-986-5900, both of Morgen- Walke, for IDB/
 (IDBX)


CO: IDB Communications Group Inc. ST: California IN: TLS SU:

LH-GT -- SF010 -- 5975 04/15/93 06:31 EDT
COPYRIGHT 1993 PR Newswire Association LLC
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 1993 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:PR Newswire
Date:Apr 15, 1993
Words:236
Previous Article:WEST ONE BANCORP REPORTS RECORD EARNINGS: FIRST-QUARTER EARNINGS UP 28 PERCENT
Next Article:AFFYMAX RECEIVES AWARD FOR TECHNOLOGY TO SPEED DRUG DISCOVERY
Topics:


Related Articles
IDB COMMUNICATIONS GROUP COMPLETES ACQUISITION OF WORLD COMMUNICATIONS
IDB COMMUNICATIONS REPORTS JANUARY INCREASES IN INTERNATIONAL LONG DISTANCE MINUTES
IDB COMMUNICATIONS REPORTS APRIL INCREASES IN INTERNATIONAL LONG DISTANCE MINUTES
IDB COMMUNICATIONS REPORTS SEPTEMBER INCREASES IN INTERNATIONAL LONG DISTANCE MINUTES (z)
IDB COMMUNICATIONS REPORTS NOVEMBER INCREASES IN INTERNATIONAL LONG DISTANCE MINUTES
IDB COMMUNICATIONS REPORTS STRONGER THAN EXPECTED YEAR-END INTERNATIONAL TRAFFIC
IDB COMMUNICATIONS REPORTS INTERNATIONAL LONG DISTANCE MINUTES ROSE 19.6% IN MARCH
WorldPort Communications Reports Record Revenues for First Quarter 1999.
WorldPort Communications Reports Record Revenues for First Quarter 1999.
XFONE's Israel '018' Selected as Exclusive International Long Distance Provider at Israel's New Passenger Terminal at Ben Gurion Airport; Exclusive...

Terms of use | Copyright © 2017 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters