Printer Friendly

IDB COMMUNICATIONS REPORTS JUNE INCREASES IN INTERNATIONAL LONG DISTANCE MINUTES

 LOS ANGELES, July 19 /PRNewswire/ -- IDB Communications Group Inc. (NASDAQ: IDBX) today reported strong sequential and annual outbound minute growth during June in its international public-switched long distance telephone unit, IDB WORLDCOM.
 "We continue to see solid growth in our public-switched long distance telephone business," stated Edward R. Cheramy, IDB president. "For June 1993, IDB WORLDCOM posted an annualized run-rate of 128.4 million minutes of international outbound traffic, up 204 percent, compared with the 42.2 million minutes recorded during June 1992. Sequentially, outbound minutes in June 1993 grew 8.1 percent over the 118.8 million minute run-rate recorded in May 1993.
 "Of this increase in long distance traffic, roughly 9 percent of the minutes are currently going into Moscow and the Commonwealth of Independent States, while the remaining 91 percent are calls going into over 100 countries including the United Kingdom, Japan, Argentina, France, Spain, Israel, Canada, Mexico, Australia, Hong Kong and the Dominican Republic," added Cheramy.
 IDB Communications Group Inc. is a global telecommunications company that operates a domestic and international communications network providing its customers with radio and television transmission services, international private-line and long distance telephone services, facsimile and date connections, mobile satellite communications capabilities and the design and integration of satellite networks worldwide.
 -0- 7/19/93
 /CONTACT: Steve Carroll of IDB WORLDCOM, 212-478-6210; or Ken Dennard, 415-296-7383, or Miriam Adler, 212-850-5600, both of Morgen-Walke, for IDB/
 (IDBX)


CO: IDB Communications Group Inc. ST: California IN: TLS SU:

GT-LH -- SF001 -- 2825 07/19/93 06:33 EDT
COPYRIGHT 1993 PR Newswire Association LLC
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 1993 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:PR Newswire
Date:Jul 19, 1993
Words:254
Previous Article:U.S. BANCORP: U.S. COURT OF APPEALS AFFIRMS NATIONAL BANKS' RIGHT TO MARKET INSURANCE PRODUCTS
Next Article:THREE YOUNG WOMEN CHANGE AMERICAN CITY'S VIEWS ON NIGHTCLUBBING
Topics:


Related Articles
IDB COMMUNICATIONS REPORTS JANUARY INCREASES IN INTERNATIONAL LONG DISTANCE MINUTES
IDB COMMUNICATIONS REPORTS FEBRUARY INCREASES IN INTERNATIONAL LONG DISTANCE MINUTES
IDB COMMUNICATIONS ANNOUNCES OPERATING AGREEMENT FOR INTERNATIONAL TELEPHONE SERVICE WITH TELMEX OF MEXICO
IDB COMMUNICATIONS AND TELECOM NEW ZEALAND INTERNATIONAL SIGN AGREEMENT FOR INTERNATIONAL TELEPHONE SERVICE
IDB & EMBRATEL SIGN AGREEMENT FOR INT'L PHONE SERVICE TO BRAZIL; PACT BRINGS TOTAL TO 46 DIRECT OPERATING AGREEMENTS
IDB COMMUNICATIONS REPORTS JULY INCREASES IN INTERNATIONAL LONG DISTANCE MINUTES
IDB COMMUNICATIONS GROUP ANNOUNCES MAJOR LONG DISTANCE TELEPHONE SERVICES EXPANSION
IDB COMMUNICATIONS REPORTS OCTOBER INCREASES IN INTERNATIONAL LONG DISTANCE MINUTES
IDB COMMUNICATIONS REPORTS STRONGER THAN EXPECTED YEAR-END INTERNATIONAL TRAFFIC
IDB COMMUNICATIONS REPORTS FEBRUARY INCREASE IN INTERNATIONAL LONG DISTANCE MINUTES

Terms of use | Copyright © 2016 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters