I DIDN'T DESERVE SACK; AVB lifts lid on his reign under Roman.
ANDRE VILLAS-BOAS last night broke his silence on his Chelsea sacking - and labelled Roman Abramovich a promise-breaking "quitter".
Villas-Boas was unveiled as the Tottenham boss at the club's new pounds 45million training base, proof of Spurs' renewed ambitions. But the former Chelsea manager first put his side of the story over his exit in March after just eight months at Stamford Bridge.
Villas-Boas said: "It was the owner who dismissed me and the owner who decided to cut short the project.
"Chelsea was a tremendous learning experience. You have to admit that.
"But the decision to terminate what was going on at Chelsea was not mine, it was the owner's.
"It was the putting together of different ideas towards the future."
Villas-Boas fell out with the big hitters of the Chelsea dressing room including Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole.
And he added: "I respect the decision of the owner of Chelsea but I will never accept it.
"I told him that for me it was him quitting on me when he had been so much involved in the beginning in bringing me in and he was the one also who was not putting up to the things he promised."
Villas-Boas' response demonstrates his belief that he was let down by Abramovich (above) after being asked to oversee a major rebuilding job in SW6. And while the 34-year-old did not try to take credit for Chelsea's successes last season under his replacement Roberto Di Matteo, he also feels he does not deserve to be wiped from Blues history.
He added: "For Chelsea to have won the Champions League and the FA Cup was because we were still in those competitions.
"Whatever happened after I left was down to those players and Robbie for being able to turn it around. I have nothing to do with that success.
"But I had the opportunity to win with them cut short."
HITTING BACK Villas-Boas is bitter about his sacking
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||The Mirror (London, England)|
|Date:||Jul 12, 2012|
|Previous Article:||Life begins at 47; AGE IS NO BARRIER TO NEW START.|
|Next Article:||Hatton: This fight will split boxing in two; Hatton fears rift disaster.|