Hybrid stepper motors.
MAE[R] brand hybrid stepper motors from AMETEK Technical & Industrial Products are engineered to deliver open loop control for high-performance positioning. MAE offers 3 series of motors in NEMA frame sizes, including:
* The HY Series--available in sizes 16, 17, 23 and 42--featuring low rotor inertia.
* The HN Series--size 34--with a balance between low rotor inertia and high torque.
* The HS Series--sizes 17, 23 and 34--exhibiting increased torque characteristics.
* Bipolar holding torques ranging from 12 to 2,018 oz.-in.
* Low detent torque to holding torque ratios for HN and HS models contributing to smooth operation and the positioning capability required for microstepping, according to the company.
* Step resolutions of 1.8[degrees] in full-step mode.