Hybrid rotary encoder.
Posital (Hamilton, NJ) has introduced new models of its IXARC magnetic encoders that combine incremental and absolute rotation measurement capabilities in a single, compact, and robust package. Features include:
* Shock, dust, and moisture resistance.
* Available multi-turn versions that can count up to 64,000 revolutions.
* Incremental measurements with resolutions as high as 16,384 pulses per revolutions.
Why Would I Specify?
* The new IXARC hybrid incremental + absolute encoders are available with multiple options for housing size and materials, flange configuration, shaft type and diameter, connection/wiring type and level of environmental protection --up to IP67.
* By combining an absolute encoder and an incremental encoder in a single device, the hybrid encoder provides control system designers with extra flexibility. The incremental signal can also be used as a 'heartbeat' that confirms that the sensor is functioning normally.
* The encoders have communications interfaces that support both measurement modes: RS 422, HTL, or TTL for incremental readings and SSI for absolute measurements.