How to reset your spider.
The Spider training device, NSN 6920-01-570-0648, allows Soldiers to simulate using the munition control unit (MCU) without having to fire Class V munitions or be on a firing range. The only thing the Spider can't do is launch a Class V munition like a Claymore M18A1 through the munition adapter module or fire the miniature grenade launcher.
The munition control unit must be sterilized after a safety or system malfunction. A sterilized MCU can't power up or fire any munitions.
THE SPIDER LETS YOU SIMULATE STERLIZATION.
BUT WHEN YOU'RE FINISHED YOU MUST RESET the SPIDER.
HERE'S HOW ...
* Make sure the mission control unit trainer (MCUT) power switch is OFF.
* Remove the battery cover.
* Remove the battery tray/ extended range tripling sensor (ERTS) from the inside of the Spider
* Reinstall the battery tray/ERTS.
* Do the BIT test to --make sure the Spider is working right.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Munition Control Unit Trainer ...|
|Publication:||PS, the Preventive Maintenance Monthly|
|Article Type:||Brief article|
|Date:||Dec 1, 2012|
|Previous Article:||Replace tritium fire control devices.|
|Next Article:||MWO upgrades M224.|