How to Manually Update Your LG Nexus 5 to the Official Android 4.4.3 KTU84M KitKat Firmware.
Nexus 5 Android 4.4.3 KTU84M
It is the official firmware released by Google for the LG Nexus 5 and can be installed using OTA or manual procedure. Based on Team Android, you only need to unlock the boot loader, download the factory image and other files to get it done.
1. Android 4.4.3 KitKat KTU84M firmware is designed for LG Nexus 5.
2. Unlock the (http://www.teamandroid.com/2013/11/01/nexus-5-unlock-bootloader-how-to/) boot loader to save time on certain steps.
3. Create a manual backup of everything stored on your LG Nexus 5. Installation will wipe data files and system settings.
4. Battery level should be at least 70 per cent to prevent power interruption during the flash.
5. (http://www.teamandroid.com/2012/06/25/how-to-enable-usb-debugging-in-android-phones/) Enable USB debugging mode on your device then (http://www.teamandroid.com/download-android-usb-drivers/) download the necessary USB drivers on your computer.
6. (http://www.teamandroid.com/2012/07/30/how-to-set-up-adb-fastboot-with-android-sdk/) Setup the ADB and Fastboot with Android SDK on your computer.
7. (https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/hammerhead-ktu84m-factory-53ff95bf.tgz) Download the official factory image of Android 4.4.3 KitKat KTU84M on your computer. It should appear as "hammerhead-ktu84m-factory-53ff95bf.tgz".
Warning: We are not responsible for any issues that may occur on your LG Nexus 5. Download and install the necessary USB drivers and other files to avoid installation problems. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect your LG Nexus 5 to the computer using a USB cable.
2. Make sure that the Fastboot has been configured properly before flashing the firmware.
3. Turn off your LG Nexus 5 smartphone.
4. Reboot into Boot loader mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power keys at the same time.
5. On your computer, extract the downloaded firmware file to any location such as the desktop.
6. Open the "hammerhead-ktu84m" folder then copy and paste all contents to the Fastboot directory. By default, the Fastboot directory should be "platform-tools" folder inside the Android SDK directory.
7. Run the factory image files inside the Fastboot directory appropriate to the OS on your machine.
a. Windows OS: Run the "flash-all.bat" file.
b. MAC OS: Run the "flash-all.sh" using the Terminal.
c. Linux OS: Run the "flash-all.sh" file.
8. Let the installation to be completed. If you haven't unlocked the boot loader, you need to follow the instructions displayed on your smartphone.
9. After the installation, your LG Nexus 5 will reboot automatically and may take up to five minutes before reaching the home screen.
Your LG Nexus 5 is now running the latest Android 4.4.3 KitKat with build version KTU84M.
For any bugs or issues, please send your feedback to the official thread of (http://www.teamandroid.com/2014/06/03/update-nexus-5-android-443-ktu84m-kitkat-factory-image/) Team Android .
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||International Business Times - US ed.|
|Date:||Jun 6, 2014|
|Previous Article:||Pope Francis Fires Entire Board of Financial Information Authority.|
|Next Article:||'Minecraft' Over the Weekend: E3 2014 Builds, 1.7.10 Pre-Release and a New Cool Mod.|