Houses of the holy.
Built in 1888, the Old Chapel was converted into a home in the 1980s.
It's got plenty of room, with four bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, lounge, dining room, and conservatory.
From the entrance porch, a solid wooden door leads into a ground floor hallway. This is galleried and overlooked by the principal living space and has doors leading to two ground floor bedrooms, utility room and bathroom.
From the half landing, a door opens to the conservatory. At first floor level is the main, open-plan living space for The Old Chapel comprising a generous-sized living-dining space with two steps leading up to an adjoining dining space.
The dining area is galleried and looks back into the lower ground floor hallway, while a wood and stained-glass panelled screen divides this from the fitted kitchen. An inner lobby from this central living space has a spiral staircase giving access to the two second floor bedrooms which share a bathroom between them.
The property includes a wealth of character features including stripped pine doors, exposed wooden banisters and retained features from the original chapel.
Outside it has a flagstone paved courtyard screened from an adjoining lawned garden by exposed stone walling interspersed with cast iron railings. Steps lead from this to a flagstone paved seating area with adjoining lawn, positioned to enjoy a westerly view over the village and to catch the afternoon and evening sun. A path runs from this to the large garage.
Where: The Rhiw, Graig Penllyn, Cowbridge Price: PS429,950 Contact: Watts & Morgan on 01446 773 500.