Hot sellers: sold out! Fast-moving communities.
Castellina at Covenant Hills, Ladera Ranch, Calif.
WHY IT WORKED: These attached villas offer up great architectural design and a location that can't be beat. Covenant Hills is the last--and most prestigious--village to be built in Orange Count34, Calif.'s ultrasuccessful Ladera Ranch.
* Located in Ladera Ranch's only gated community, which is surrounded by open space and integrated village trails.
* Maintenance provided for all front-yard landscaping as well as roofing, exterior painting, gutters, and other individual residential elements.
* Popular Residence 4, Villa Lucia, features three bedrooms, a covered loggia, a two-car garage with wood doors, and first- and second-level master suites.
* Unique site, inventive plotting, and an interlocking building design combine to carve out indoor-outdoor living environments that appeal to a wide range of buyers.
Project: Castellina at Covenant Hills, Ladera Ranch, Calif.; Sales started: January 2005; Sales through May 2006: 71; Units planned: 82; Price: $767,240 to $937,860; Unit size: 2,075 to 2,934 square feet; Builder: Centex Corp., Irvine, Calif.; Developer: DMB Ladera, San Juan Capistrano, Calif.; Architect/Land planner: Bassenian/Lagoni Architects, Newport Beach, Calif.; Landscape architect: Silverwood Landscape Construction, Santa Ana, Calif.; Interior designer: Design Tec Interiors, Newport Beach
OLD WORLD DETAILS: Varied massing, rugged stonework, and heavy timbers reinforce the Tuscan hill-town flavor of the homes at Castellina, a collection of 82 attached townhomes on 11 acres of undulating land.
Southern Comfort Rice Hope, Savannah, Ga.
WHY IT WORKED: Rice Hope fills a niche in Savannah's real estate market, offering affordable, neotraditional-style homes in a mixed-use neighborhood that, at buildout, will boast 4,500 homes plus a 21-acre amenities center.
* Market research showed that neotraditional, mixed-use neighborhoods were underrepresented in the Savannah market and that interest in such a product would be quite strong.
* High-tech features include Wi-Fi technology in all common areas and bundled fiber-optic service (high-speed Internet, cable, telephone, etc.) to every home.
* The best-selling Beaumont plan offers a flexible, family-friendly layout with plenty of space for living and entertaining. Double porches are a plus, too.
Project: Rice Hope, Savannah, Ga.; Sales started: December 2005; Sales through April 2006: 22; Units planned: 4,500; Price: $158,900 to $354,990; Unit size: 1,200 to 2,780 square feet; Builder: Sivica Homes, Savannah; Developer/Architect: Sivica Communities, Alpharetta, Ga.; Land planner: Thomas & Hutton Engineering Co., Savannah; Landscape architect: Atlantic International Design Studio, Hilton Head, S.C.
Southside Splendor Deerwood Place Condominiums, Jacksonville, Fla.
WHY IT WORKED: In Jacksonville, Fla., most of the luxury condo buildings are located at the beach or miles away along the St. John's River. Deerwood Place Condominiums is the first luxury mid-rise to be built on the Southside, in the heart of the city's newer business and entertainment district.
* The gated community features a pool, a fitness center, a clubhouse with a summer kitchen, and private storage units.
* The best-selling, 2,025-square-foot Elmwood plan offers three bedrooms and a large, central family room that opens to the dining area, the kitchen, the owner's suite, and the balcony.
* Energy-saving features include R-30 ceiling insulation for top-floor units; double-paned, insulated windows; and great room, bedroom, and balcony ceilings prewired for fans.
Project: Deerwood Place Condominiums, Jacksonville, Fla.; Sales started: December 2004; Sales through April 2006: 100; Units planned: 190; Price: $260,000 to $550,000; Unit size: 1,423 to 2,962 square feet; Builder/Developer/Land planner: Beazer Homes USA, Jacksonville; Architect/Interior designer: Beazer Homes USA, Atlanta
GOT A HOT SELLER?
E-MAIL JENNY SULLIVAN AT firstname.lastname@example.org
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||villas' special features|
|Date:||Sep 1, 2006|
|Previous Article:||Safe at work.|
|Next Article:||A happy ending: for once, a builder and a developer are the good guys in what could have been a Washington NIMBY battle of epic proportions.|