Printer Friendly

Hostel resident dodged drug tests.

A RESIDENT at a bail hostel kept a container of urine tied inside his boxer shorts to enable him to provide clear samples in drug tests, an inquest heard.

Danny Jones, 22, had passed his latest tests two weeks before he died at the hostel, having taken a quantity of methadone the previous day.

At a hearing in Ruthin yesterday coroner, John Gittins recorded a conclusion of accidental death on the Pwllheli man, who had been staying at the Plas y Wern hostel in Acrefair, near Wrexham.

His mother, Marianna Jones, told the inquest that he had had a drug problem for several years and that had resulted in court appearances. He was sent to Plas y Wern by Caernarfon magistrates.

In the weeks leading up to his death she said "he didn't look right" but he was optimistic about the future, looking forward to being with his fiancee and daughter.

The day before his death, Danny met a friend and offered him some methadone but the friend refused.

Mark McFall, manager of the hostel, said that staff described him as "out of breath and sweating" when he arrived back and thought he might have been drinking. He went into another resident's room and fell asleep in a chair, and was found dead in the same position the next day.

A post-mortem revealed death was due to inhalation of stomach content, which had affected his breathing, and the pathologist said that as Danny was not a regular user of methadone his breathing would have been compromised.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2013 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Daily Post (Conwy, Wales)
Date:Dec 20, 2013
Previous Article:Now my family and I can try and move on; 'H' GETS APOLOGY FOR PAEDOPHILE PHOTO GAFFE.
Next Article:CINEMA.

Terms of use | Copyright © 2017 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters