Printer Friendly

Hospital in bug scare.

HUNDREDS of people treated at a top hospital may have caught serious infections from a dirty piece of equipment.

Health bosses at the Lagan Valley hospital in Lisburn, Co Antrim, have sent warning letters to 449 patients after admitting to a major failure in sterilisation procedure.

It is understood blood tests will now be offered to patients examined with a gastroscope at the hospital between April 2001 and April 2004.

A gastroscope is a small tube designed to examine the inside of a stomach.
COPYRIGHT 2004 MGN LTD
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2004 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:The Mirror (London, England)
Date:Jun 3, 2004
Words:84
Previous Article:CHINOOK DEAD REMEMBERED.
Next Article:200 facing jobs axe.


Related Articles
DEATH ALERT OVER KILLER BUG.
E COLI HOSPITAL GETS ALL-CLEAR.
Deadly bug claims victim No. 13.
Docs' wards alert on TB scare.
HEP B DOC HAD BUG FOR YEARS; Scientists fooled by negative test results.
Widow's op dilemma.
LESLIE FIGHTS HOSPITAL BUG; Star 'delighted' infection is treatable.
LESLIE FIGHTS HOSPITAL BUG; Infection can leave victims paralysed.
LESLIE BEATS HOSPITAL BUG; TV star pulls through new crisis.
Amanda's hospital kid bug scare.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters