Printer Friendly

Homes help.

HELP could be at hand for those who have a relative in a home.

Has your mother or father, husband or wife, or another relative or friend, become frail and had to go into a care home?

Then you will know from personal experience how difficult it is to come to terms with your change of role, and how you may even have feelings of guilt about no longer being able to cope and having to let your relative go.

You may also need advice about meeting the fees, state benefits which help towards them, the best homes available, your own rights and those of your relative, or on any of a dozen other matters.

What you probably feel is that you need somebody to talk to. Somebody who can also offer tailor-made help and advice.

That is where the Relatives and Residents Association (R&RA), which is shortly celebrating its 10th anniversary, comes in. The R &RA offers practical advice, a listening ear, the chance to join a local group of relatives in the same situation.

If you would like more information about gaining the support the R&RA can provide, please write to us as below, enclosing a 9x6 SAE (31p), or call: 020 7916 6055.

Sue Adam, Advice Line, Relatives and Residents Association, London.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2001 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Title Annotation:Letters
Publication:Liverpool Echo (Liverpool, England)
Date:Dec 7, 2001
Previous Article:Happy memories.
Next Article:Mersey Memory.

Related Articles
Your Letter: We need homes help.
Voice of Scotland: Home help.
YOURVIEW: Home help.
Letter: Your view - Home help.
Letter: Mailbag - Foreign aid aplenty, but no home help.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters