High-performance ball grid array sockets.
Ironwood Electronics (Eagan, MN) recently introduced its new high-performance ball grid array socket for 1 mm pitch, 121 pin BGA integrated circuits. The SG-BGA-6457 socket is designed for a 1 2x12 mm integrated circuit package size. It operates at bandwidths up to 27 GHz with less than IdB of insertion loss. The contact resistance is typically 20 milliohms per pin.
* Socket connects all pins with 27 GHz bandwidth on all connections
* Socket is mounted on the target printed circuit board with no soldering
* Construct with open-top lid for access to the center of the IC package
* Capacitance to ground is 0.01 pF
* Current capacity is 2 amps per pin
Why Would I Specify?
* Works with devices like 121 BGA, 12 mm square package with 11x11 array and 1 mm pitch
* Constructed with high-performance and low-inductance elastomer contactor
* Comes with ball guide for the precise alignment of BGA balls to printed circuit board pads
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||First Look|
|Publication:||Product Design & Development|
|Date:||Apr 1, 2017|
|Previous Article:||Digital multimeters.|
|Next Article:||Voice coil actuator.|