High court battle after all-inclusive holiday hell.
The Coldwell family, from South Shields, South Tyneside, are among 107 people claiming damages against First Choice Holidays and Flights following an all-inclusive holiday in 2009.
A writ issued at London's High Court claims their holidays were ruined when they came down with salmonella and other stomach diseases after staying at the all-inclusive Sarigerme Holiday Village in Dalaman.
The holiday company has already accepted liability for negligence of its "suppliers".
Stephen Coldwell, 43, wife Leanne, 35, and children Hollie, 10, and Briony, seven, of Bisley Drive, are among the claimants.
The family claim they were struck down with stomach bugs, including salmonella and cryptosporidium, after eating undercooked food, and using a swimming pool contaminated with faeces. The writ says they were given lukewarm food which should have been hot, undercooked barbecued food, and uncovered food which was infested with flies and wasps.
Food was allowed to stand on the buffet for long periods, hot food was mixed with lukewarm food, chicken was served pink in the middle, and uneaten food was reused at the end of each day, they claim.
Staff are accused of failing to clear away vomit from a hotel restaurant properly, drinks are said to have been served in dirty plastic cups. It is alleged that lifeguards at the hotel asked guests to clear faeces from the swimming pool.